do you prefer downloadable or retail versions of games?

fruitbroker

pastel enthusiast
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
most of my 3ds games are the downloadable copies, as i know from experience that i will most likely lose those tiny 3ds cartridges. however, for the larger consoles such as the wii u, i prefer discs. huh. which do you like better?

Last edited:
Physical copies. It's just nice to hold something tangible in your hand.

I prefer physical copies because then I don't have to worry about something happening to my games if the system stops working.

Always the retail version for me! I can't get an awesome limited edition version with a digital copy! Besides, what happens to the value!? Imagine yourself, say 10 years from now, you have all these super valuable games in your collection, and then you realize, they're all digital! Good luck convincing someone that they have any value!

I pity the fool who only buys a digital game!

physical. i dont like downloading games on consoles because it takes so much space. and i dont have a problem with losing cartridges or carrying them around so i have no problems with physical copies but i have a few with digital ones.

I've always prefered physical copies, I have a lil bag for all my ds games, and disc holders for all the discs so I don't lose any

i prefer physical copies. even though i lose them, they always turn up sometimes and in my opinion losing them is better than the risk of having them destroyed by some internal thing.

Physical! I like having them actually touchable.

I prefer Physical copies. Just because if heaven forbid something happens to my ds i'll still have my games.

I prefer physical copies because then I like a having something tangible and I always have the game even if my console dies.

Physical for sure.

Splatoon 2 is the only game in considering digital for atm

Always physical if the game has retail copies though sometimes, I opt to get digital for games that I know I'm going to play frequently (Animal Crossing, Mario Kart, Splatoon, etc.) then just buy the physical copy for collection.

I like physical copies because you never know when your console will get corrupted and you'll have to buy the digital version AGIAN!!!

Those who insist on physical over digital due of the fear of having to re-purchase games from misplacing the system, I've got a news flash for you.

If you still got your system's serial number and your Nintendo Network ID / Nintendo Account ID associated to the lost console, you're in luck! Buy the same hardware, contact a Nintendo rep of your region and tell them about your situation. They'll usually ask for a few important things before carrying out the account operation:

• Your old hardware's serial number, which can be also found from the box it originally came from
  • Your NNID / Nintendo Account
  • Your new hardware's serial number

Once you gave the rep enough information, you should be able to use your account's purchases to your new system.

I like physical copies, because having a collection of games to look at is nice!

I like physical if I want to start collecting from that particular series. Otherwise, downloadable is fine. Hey, you're supporting the creators either way.

physical copies all the way
it pained me to buy mario cart on the switch digitally because I had a huge trip and not enough time to run to the store

Back