• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Brewster wont let me work?

Genjis-Mercy

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
White Cosmos
Pear (Fruit)
Tasty Cake
I've had more than 7 cups of coffee, even to the point where I'm getting options for what coffee beans I want. But he has still not offered me a job. When will this happen?

Talk to Brewster where you get the take out coffee. ie on the side, not in front of him where the stools are.

You have to talk to him twice cos the first time he just says the equivalent of 'hello'. Press 'A' again and he should respond by asking you if you want to work.
He only offers work after 11am (not sure what the cut off point is - 11pm or midnight probably).

While you are still in the process of meeting the conditions: He should tell you while you are drinking coffee, that he will offer work from the next day.
This is similar as to when (after 3 coffees) he says you can now have a take away coffee - to play safe, I got the character to have a take away coffee the next time/day.

He won't offer work when there is any kind of event going on, incl the fireworks, bug/fish tourneys, 1st week in Oct ( Jack's week in prep for Halloween), Isabelle is in plaza, etc

I'm not certain of the conditions you need to meet first - possibly 7 coffees drunk hot on different days, and possibly at least one take out coffee.
I tend to have a coffee first, then go round to the side counter and ask for work. Doubt this is necessary - trouble is I've not tested it any way. Just played safe & have had no issues.

Last edited:
Have you gone to the side? He never notified me of when I wanted take-out coffee or to work; it just happened one day.

Back