Do you keep a diary or a journal?

Weiland

Flick Fanboy 🦎💞
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Switch
7046-6089-3415
I certainly do. I swear it's one of the only things keeping me from going ****ing insane. I love it. It's comforting knowing that no one will ever see my most dark and secret thoughts and words.
So, as the title states, "Do you keep a journal?"

I used to keep a daily journal where I'd write thoughts or what happened during the day just so I can read it in the future and what-not. I usually stopped after 2 weeks because it got boring. Now I just use it to write notes, to do lists, random thoughts, important stuff, etc.

no but i often write down my thoughts or feelings but it's not in a diary or journal kind of way, it's just a way for me to understand or express my feelings a bit more lol

I keep a digital dream journal on my phone. So long as I remember to actually write in it when I wake up.

my journal's not really a daily thing, I write in it when I'm able to find words to describe how I'm feeling n it's full of doodles and there's some leaves and pressed flowers in there. it's really good for looking back on things that made me happy and it's great for seeing my progress of dealing with mental illness and trauma

you don't know how many times I've tried to keep a journal but it fails every time (same with beautifully decorated sketchbooks). I have more luck with schedulers to keep track of things at work. Sometimes I'll write a dumb note about how I was feeling that day or something interesting that happened. I've been getting into the habit of splitting each day into Things that need to be done / Things that actually happened lol. I'm a really forgetful person so it's useful for me

I used to when I was a preteen. Going back and reading all my entries makes me laugh and cringe. But hey, it was a good release back in the day so who cares.

Nowadays, I just vent to others or cry or distract myself with other things to help forget what's upsetting me.

When I was younger yeah I did everyday. It would take me like a journal every 6-8 months I guess? I had so many filled ones but I ended up getting rid of them.
I just quit doing it one day. I try to get back into it but honestly I don't have much to journal about that I would care to write down anymore. On top of that I'm actually happier not journalling against what most people say XD

I have a dream diary, but that's it.

Dream diaries help to teach your brain to remember dreams more vividly, so I made a habit of doing it.

Used to keep a dream journal so I could lucid dream but stopped after I went through a couple incidents of sleep paralysis :')

I always wished I did. I'd love to be able to look back on old times but all of my attempts failed because I'm super paranoid that somebody will find and read what I wrote and there's no point keeping a diary/journal if you can't put your personal thoughts in there. :(

Plus all attempts I made as a kid were cringey looking back. Not sure I'm capable of writing in that format without being completely ridiculous and whiny.

I've been keeping one for a month now! Writing's super helpful to me. It helps me process my thoughts. I often feel like they just kind of keep slipping away, and writing them down makes me more conscious of what I think and feel and why.. It's just something to help me know and understand myself better.

i'm actually gonna buy a journal tomorrow to write in i've been wanting to for a while actually haha this was a coincident. i'd be writing a lot about my feelings and stuff going on in life

I keep a mood journal on my phone where I input the mood I was in that day and any relevant activities. It has been very helpful with keeping track of certain behaviors and figuring out why I have bad days, meh days, etc. :)

not really. if anything perhaps a digital journal can count? its so hard make my handwriting keep up with my thoughts so its more exhausting rather than theraputic.

I've always wanted to. I did a 5 Year Journal for a minute but gave up soon after, basically it asks you a question each day and you re-answer it each year. I bought a journal that I intended to use daily but did it for a few days and then forgot about it forever. My grandma has been keeping a journal since she was young and will tell us all the things that happened this week years ago, it's really neat.

Back