straight or not paths

Mayor-of-Bliss

Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
I have a forest section in town.
It's just straight through the forest. In lost of town I see flowy paths but I'd have to save up cedars again and it'll take forever if I hate it and have to redo it back.

Do you all like straight paths or curvy ones?

Most of my paths are straight, a few diagonal.
My aim is always to get where I'm going as fast as I can.
Main paths 2 tiles wide, (which I run on), walk on the less used single width paths.
I have a few paths made from flowers (trying not to be paths, trying to keep the grass under, so-so successful).
The diagonal paths are 2 tiles wide but cos they are on the diagonal they only have 1 tile to walk on - if I run I tend to knock out flowers.

Windy paths would look nice, especially if made up of stepping stones, rather than fully tiled. Haven't tried it tho. Guess I would cut corners.

I have 2x2 straight paths. They're made of lucky clovers, while splashing in the occasional stepping stone path piece.

I only have straight paths. I don't think I could handle having diagonal paths in my town, it just doesn't feel right to me. It would make a lot of things easier for my layout, but I just can't bring myself to do it. :)

Straight, diagonal only looks nice if you have a dirt path in my opinion. I only have straight paths since making a diagonal paths using patterns is kind of awkward.

It kind of just depends for me. Mostly straight paths because I like things to be orderly, but in my forest town right now I don't have any "main" paths besides a few stepping stones I haven't placed anywhere yet. I made a 1x1 tile path that has some diagonals to help wind it between houses, because four villagers decided to move in right next to my mayor's house. So I wanted something to move between them. It kind of looks like this, but this picture is from an old town. I've since remade it and remade the path so it matches the grass much better. Don't have any recent images though :c

DBZ2uMBXsAAAviQ.jpg

- - - Post Merge - - -

I lied, I had this recent image on miiverse lol. It doesn't show the diagonals, though and the path is still unfinished >< WVW69kaXvZ4UjhI4Bx_waifu2x_art_noise1_scale_tta_1.jpg

Straight. They're easier and I typically only run in straight paths anyway.

To me it depends on what the path looks like, most paths are straight forward kind of paths! I prefer straight, but I have some diagonal paths that are lined by bushes and it looks awesome to me! It just depends!

I have straight paths, I hate how the corners look on curvy paths most of the time. I think my favorite use of curvy paths would be by using stepping stones and clovers, or with bushes/trees lining the path so the corners are less noticeable.

Back