• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

How do you people make so much TBT?

Dim

Keep moving forward
Apple 🍎
Banana 🍌
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
8579-5303-4501
Toy Hammer
Red Hyacinth
Red Balloon
Red Feather
Red Lily
Tin Robot
Red Pansy
Red Star Fragment
Bloodshot Potion
Red Tulip
Everyone I see is buying all these collectibles and ingame stuff while I struggle to get common addons because I can get myself up to 400TBT. :| ofc we get some from posting but there hasn't been too many posts from what I've seen and besides I don't really like making long posts unless I feel deep about a topic.

P.S. if you think I've made this thread just to get tbt your wrong! D:< lol

Shops are the best way to earn tbt. I earned most of mine selling villagers and furniture sets. You can get much much more selling art though, so that's the ideal way to do it.

selling collectibles and like arize said, shops

Shops are the best way to earn tbt. I earned most of mine selling villagers and furniture sets. You can get much much more selling art though, so that's the ideal way to do it.
Too bad I suck at art. I haven't even drawn in years. Besides I feel like there are enough shops on here to cover just about everything that is needed.

I get mine by posting. It takes a few weeks but eventually you gather a lot.

If you can't draw like I can't, I'd maybe make a shop selling Pokemon or Animal Crossing items. If you have any collectibles, you can try selling those too.

Bandwagon hop and sell literally everything. When something becomes popular, trys so hard to get it just to sell it for more. Oh and the minority posts for btb.

I'll be honest.

It's because, for a long time, there wasn't anything much to buy, and so the TBT Bells just kinda go with you, and you have nothing to spend 'em on. That's the only reason I have so many. If there was stuff I wanted to buy, I'd have none!

I'll be honest.

It's because, for a long time, there wasn't anything much to buy, and so the TBT Bells just kinda go with you, and you have nothing to spend 'em on. That's the only reason I have so many. If there was stuff I wanted to buy, I'd have none!

You're not that active in the forums are you?

You have to post a lot. Find topics that interest you, scan sections you otherwise wouldn't. It takes some time to get 100 TBT but it'll show up soon enough.

Optional: find ways to spam posts with excessive words without getting caught by the staff overlords by making lots of meaningful and relevant content:

For instance:

Olive_Oil_DN02.jpg

Last edited:
I'm an eternal phantom of the forum, I stalk the articles, leaving my opinions on everything!

I easily earned currency on one site and traded it for bells on here and I haven't found anything to buy.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll be honest.

I second this!

I just stopped buying stuff and continued posting or selling collectibles. I used to buy a lot of Animal Crossing items and for a while, was broke as heck.

So definitely stop shopping and just start saving. I eventually would forget how much TBT I had. I still deposit every 100TBT into the ABD when I gather it so I forget how much TBt I actually have. When I had it all displayed, I got more tempted to spend it.

So definitely stop shopping and just start saving. I eventually would forget how much TBT I had. I still deposit every 100TBT into the ABD when I gather it so I forget how much TBt I actually have. When I had it all displayed, I got more tempted to spend it.
This is a good tip. I'm such an impulse spender on this site haha. If I had stuck to the stuff I needed i.e. like stuff for my town I'd probably have close to 2,000 bells. But I don't. I've impulse spent so much xD

Probably the best way as people have said is to start a shop and sell whatever you can. Otherwise just keep an eye out in Retail; there's heaps of threads popping up saying I need this and if you have it then try to sell it for a few tbt. It adds up real fast, I earned most of my bells doing that! Gardening shops don't seem to be very active rn, and they're easy enough to do if you're into time travelling. But you do need to be active a lot. It isn't easy but you can get there!

Otherwise posting opinions and discussing things in Brewster's or the general AC section works pretty well in getting tbt.

I actually am. I hardly ever see you around, actually.

Yeah... my high died on the site like 2 years or so ago. Just getting back into this. That post you made didn't really sound all that right from what I remember lol.

Last edited:
Back