How do you people make so much TBT?

Oh. Well, I just don't think there is (or, at least, was, for a long time).

Hm... I guess it depends on how you see it. It seems like you're referring to collectibles and other stuff as a whole rather than a variety. While I'm looking at it as a bunch of different collectibles by themselves.

Other than stated reasons, I guess there really isn't much to them. What more can they be used for than measly collectibles.

Hm... I guess it depends on how you see it. It seems like you're referring to collectibles and other stuff as a whole rather than a variety. While I'm looking at it as a bunch of different collectibles by themselves.

Other than stated reasons, I guess there really isn't much to them. What more can they be used for than measly collectibles.

A lot of people like to feel part of the community, and having collectibles just kind of gives you a boost. Makes your profile look better, for sure!

For a while mine was the entire set of birthstone collectibles, which filled up every possible space for collectibles, and that's when I started earning lots and lots of TBT. Just no need to buy anything. And as a hacker, there's no real need to buy in-game stuff.

I have a cycling town, a Pok?mon shop, and a graphics shop, though, so everything I get from that can be saved up for the next big thing here!

Sell noods and any extra collectibles you've hoed, you'll make a killing

Most of us don't have any extra collectibles ;p I can see you are stocked for life, though.

I'm aiming to hit 1,000 TBT by the end of the year. Wish me luck!

(I had no idea how to gather TBTs too, but all these answers helped me quite a lot. Tho I don't currently have anything to sell right now, I'll be trying to gather a lot of money just by procastinating in the writing. That's what I'm trying to do right now. Isn't it wonderful that the forum gives you money simply for saying 15 words when only 2 were enough? Yeah. I don't have anything else to say right now but I'm continuing cause I want to buy some junk. Don't mind me here. You don't even have to spend your time reading my monologuing, since I'm gonna put it all between parenthesis. I like unicorns. I picked Bulbassaur just because all my friends kept telling me that Bulbassaur sucks.)

Last edited:
the longer the posts the more TBT you earn? Like you can start a thread of visiting Dream Towns and making long posts about what you like and suggestions so they can improve it. I like to visit Dream Towns from the forums on my thread twice a day and I make about 20 TBT. It takes time but it builds up :)

the longer the posts the more TBT you earn? Like you can start a thread of visiting Dream Towns and making long posts about what you like and suggestions so they can improve it. I like to visit Dream Towns from the forums on my thread twice a day and I make about 20 TBT. It takes time but it builds up :)

Agreed. Giving in depth reviews on people's towns helps so much to raise your TBT.

Art is also a good way to raise TBT; there's a lot of demand for artists on here. Regularly posting on different parts of the forum helps build up after a while. People often want pretty signatures so making graphics is helpful as well.

Too bad I suck at art. I haven't even drawn in years. Besides I feel like there are enough shops on here to cover just about everything that is needed.

Honestly just post whatever art your comfortable doing and make a thread in the museum shop and ask people to offer you tbt for it. Even if it's not super A+ picasso stuff, people will buy it and appreciate the effort it took.

Or offer a flower watering service, where people pay for you to go to their towns and water their flowers/ pick weeds/etc....

Last edited:
If you're lucky, you might find a really popular villager of the forums you dislike, and sell them for a big price.
What? No. I don't dislike Muffy. She just isn't my dreamie.

I got most of my TBT by being an active member of TBT, trading rare items and sets for tbt, auctioning off a lot of items for tbt, selling some rare collectables for tbt, etc. I think I made a lot of TBT once off of selling a glow wand collectable.

I don't really have a decent way to make TBT because I'm not artistic or good at Photoshop and I don't have any extra collectibles to sell. I sell items and villagers sometimes to make a little bit, but it's not really an efficient way to make TBT. I wish I could make lots of it though, because I love buying art and collectibles.

Sell items to people... That's how i made most of mine. I made like 3k in just a little over a week from selling items; that is more than i made from doing commissions, surprisingly. Selling items is also much less effort than doing commissions, especially if you have a ton of in game bells already.

I did severely undercharged myself though, only just recently did I noticed people will offer to pay an average of 150-300 for decently drawn & colored characters on PWYW threads, while i only charged a set price of 50. That is literally around 66% to 85% below average price. The little 28x28 px collectibles this forum offers were worth more than my art!! And no one even corrected me on what I was doing. Other artists, do not be stupid like me, & check around others' shops before opening your own to get an idea of the average price for your skill level/style. xD

Last edited:
I mostly just earn it from posting and being active, but it's easy to earn a good amount if you go to re-tail and start selling some unneeded/rare items for TBT, it'll add up fast

Well, this is my road to getting TBT:
1: Start off with posting. The more you write, the more you earn. I started to write big paragraphs, and I earned a max of 10 TBT for one post.
2: Once you've gotten enough TBT, start buying stuff off people. Sanrio sets, un-orderables or just normal sets are always a big hit.
3: Keep posting and buying. In the meanwhile, do closet clean outs and give items away. Giving people Wishlist items is a great way to earn TBT. Remember not to steal off people or cheat on people, otherwise that'd give you negative feedback ratings, and people wouldn't buy from you.
4: Once you've bought all the stuff you needed, you can start a shop in Re-Tail, or just sell specific items. Make sure you're selling a variety of items, so that more people would get interested. After that, you can start saving a whole heap of TBT, and soon you could buy exclusive and limited time collectibles from the TBT Shop. The best thing to do with TBT Collectibles is auction them, and trust me, the bids go up wayyy higher than the original price.
Well, those are my plans. Right now, I have a shop and once I get enough TBT, I'll buy limited edition collectibles and auction them to get as much TBT as possible!
:)

Last edited:
I write a lot on some posts, it depends if I have a lot to say, I try not to drag out stuff I don't need to. But I come on 4 days at least out of the week and post quite a bit if there are good threads going on that I feel like talking on, sometimes I get into a good back and fourth on a subject, like me and FancyThat about Skyrim. I also have a little art thread and I get tbt from that. Selling stuff can get you a lot of tbt!

I accumulated around 3000 bells on here just from posting/trading/tips (I never sold villagers and most of my earlier art threads were giveaways) from 2013-2015? Then I gave them to a friend because I thought I'd have no use for them. Now I'm always around the 300-700 zone because I've bought a couple collectibles and I don't mind spending extra bells to buy rarer in-game items... I think it's an extra incentive for the seller, especially when they have to scan things in for me, etc.

I never really understood the appeal of collectibles... until quite recently my sidebar was a jumble of gifts from friends and winter mittens :p but one day I decided to just spend the bells on something and I got a little hooked trying to fill my sidebar with green-coloured collectibles... so I sorta get it now!! :p

Posts posts posts.

And what everybody else said!
Sell your stuff, draw people things.
Offer services B)

Back