• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Anyone else wish there were more real life weather aspects to the game?

Twisterheart

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Holiday Candy Cane 2017
Ruby
New Leaf Token
Isabelle
Mint
Lobo
White Pansy
The Bell Tree Fair 2017 Patch
I wish that there were more real life weather aspects in Animal Crossing. For example, I wish that there was some occasional wind in the game that would rustle the leaves on the trees and the flowers and everything. And when it stormed hard, the wind would blow hard. Or after it rained, everything would be dripping wet and there would be little puddles on the ground to splash around in.

I especially wish that during the winter, the snow would occasionally melt. The constant snow all the time bothers me so much after a while. It would be so refreshing if they added the ability for it to melt and then come back whenever it snows again.

I want it to hail!

Earthquakes would rock - literally. :D

I'd certainly enjoy getting some heavier rain storm, like really heavy. Where I'm from, it's usually pouring at least once a day this time of year, wouldn't mind getting just a little more of a rainy season.

Or during the meteor shower, one of the meteors can plummet into our town and then make everyone rage quit for destroying their patterns and flowers. The end.

On a nicer note, just find meteor fragments and be slightly similar to the ores from rocks? I don't know :p

Or during the meteor shower, one of the meteors can plummet into our town and then make everyone rage quit for destroying their patterns and flowers. The end.

On a nicer note, just find meteor fragments and be slightly similar to the ores from rocks? I don't know :p

That reminds me of that time on The Sims 2 when my character was star viewing and got killed by a freaking meteor... not fun... x)

Not really weather, but have the the nights/days be longer/shorter depending on the season. It's just weird having 7PM in game be late evening while the sky outside is pretty blue.

Hail would be amazing~! Also, so would a blizzard too!

I REALLY like the idea or everything being soggy and wet after rain, though. I'd absolutely love to splash around in the puddles! ^//o//^

I love the idea of puddles being the aftermath of rain!! It would also be cool if the trees were dripping afterwards too! I think the wind and hail ideas sound really cool too! As for you all starting to imagine the game with natural disasters... My god haha :eek:

Leaf Shower in Autumn is not a bad idea...

This sounds like a wonderful idea! I would love to see blizzards. :D

Last edited:
I really like all these suggestions.
I'd love a leaf storm in Autumn, as PacV stated. Hail would be amazing. Heavier winds, yes please! Blizzards. Snow melting and coming back after a snowy day would be gorgeous (snow gets very bland and plain after only a couple of weeks).

Yeah, AC:Switch please do this!

Heavy rain and blizzards would look nice, high winds to make things blow around would be nice to see, too. I haven't really noticed it, but I don't even think there is thunder. Wouldn't mind hearing thunderstrikes off in the distance. Between it and the rain, it would be quite soothing, especially indoors.

Heavy rain and blizzards would look nice, high winds to make things blow around would be nice to see, too. I haven't really noticed it, but I don't even think there is thunder. Wouldn't mind hearing thunderstrikes off in the distance. Between it and the rain, it would be quite soothing, especially indoors.

This! I want thuderstorms! I love hearing thunders in the distance...

I really like all these suggestions.
I'd love a leaf storm in Autumn, as PacV stated. Hail would be amazing. Heavier winds, yes please! Blizzards. Snow melting and coming back after a snowy day would be gorgeous (snow gets very bland and plain after only a couple of weeks).

Yeah, AC:Switch please do this!

I hate winter in the game. The 3 months of white make me feel like I'm suffocating. :(

Like what? Wildfires? Giant hail? Tornadoes? Like you have to run around and play charades with villagers to make them get to the shelter?
Deeper snow might be fun for a while though.... or puddles.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Fog sounds fun.

Like what? Wildfires? Giant hail? Tornadoes? Like you have to run around and play charades with villagers to make them get to the shelter?

- - - Post Merge - - -

Fog sounds fun.

Oh, if we could have snowballs that we could throw at the villagers, that would make winter more tolerable.

Especially if we could knock them down. No light-hearted snow fights. I'm talking concussion and comas!

Animal Crossing: Gridiron Edition

Last edited:

- - - Post Merge - - -

Fog sounds fun.

Natural disasters would be so frustrating in the game... Like can you imagine you paid off your entire home loan, got all of your dreamies, and finished landscaping only to have a tornado rip through your town and destroy everything the next day making it so you have to start all over. That would suck so much.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I hate winter in the game. The 3 months of white make me feel like I'm suffocating. :(

I do too... It's pretty for about a week or two, and then I hate it and I just wish it were over. Constant snow all the time is a bad design to me. It becomes too overbearing. They do everything else in moderation, so I don't get why they decided we need the entire town blanketed in boring white for three months straight.

There actually are thunderstorms and heavy rain, but it's just super rare. In my town's 5 months, it's only thundered once. You can see what the weather looks and sounds like on the Ancient Fishing island tour!

I would also like the days to be longer or shorter based on season. Having sundown around 7:00 or 8:00 in summer just doesn't seem right to me because in real life, sundown is near 9:00 at this point. I'd also love hail, autumn leaf showers (like the spring blossoms but orange and red), blizzards, wind, and more environmental interaction in general. Weather doesn't really do much in this game except for change the bugs and fish around a little. Make it do more!

EDIT: Also puddles. Those would be awesome.

Last edited:
Back