Pokémon Have you ever played one of those hacked pokemon games?

Irelia

please dont vote for kanye
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Island
Alola
New Horizons Token
Orange Candy
Purple Candy
Green Candy
Yellow Candy
Father's Day Carnation
Father's Day Carnation
I've always wanted to get one of those games where its hacked so the dialogue and story events are different
especially on the older games
I've also heard there's one where you play as team rocket but I have no idea where that is

But I've never tried anything like this, but I seriously want to get one of these games
Anyone have any recommendations or experiences?

I've never heard about this before, wow. I've played a fair share of fan made games on PC (such as Uranium) but never anything on a GB or DS cartridge.

I've never heard about this before, wow. I've played a fair share of fan made games on PC (such as Uranium) but never anything on a GB or DS cartridge.

Yeah! I can't wrap my head around how they do it, but it seems really cool to play a fan made game on the original systems

I've never played any fan made Pokemon game before unless it's a website and not a ROM. I do have a bootleg GBA Pokemon cartridge but it's not anything cool like ROM hacks are and instead looks like they took a bad NES bootleg platformer and moved it to GBA without updating the graphics. It's not even fun.

Last edited:
Whilst we do allow hacking discussion outside of Animal Crossing and I am fine with this thread, remember that we have never allowed links too be shared about any hacking information, no matter how small they may be. You're more than welcome to discuss ROM hacks here, but please don't post any links/names of LP's, any applications to download them, or any other relevant information in regards to these hacks. Thanks.

I've never played those actual hacks, but I think I had a bootleg or two of the actual games when I was kid - needless to say they don't work fine at all.

ah really
whats wrong with em

Well since they are bad roms/data of the original and they don't bother one heck to actually make it legit it's really buggy and laggy and it always deletes recent save data until it breaks completely, and things like that obviously.

I haven't played the actual fan hack versions so those I can't say but when they try to make a legit/legal Crystal version with a fake cartridge.. nope. Dumb me thinking it would work though lmao

Yes I have. It's called Darkcry. The starters are Sinnoh and it's basically FR/LG and my Piplup can't evolve for some reason.
I couldn't even get to the elite four because I was "too late".
Then there's another hacked game, idk what it's called but it had many overleveled pokemon since I'm having a full party.
I CAN'T GET PAST THE ELITE FOUR BECAUSE OF HOW OVERLEVELED THE POKEMON ARE.

Nowadays I'm scared of playing hacked games because of how stupid the mechanics are.

Only non nintendo pokemon game ive played was Pokemon Uranium, and that PETA joke game.

I've played many hacked roms in the past via emulation, and they're pretty goood most of the time. Original stories are a definite plus, and it's even better in a fan-made region/with fan-made pokemon. It can be a hit or miss with quality most of the time though
Some of the better ones I've seen are either alterations to the main games to change certain aspects (ex: difficulty) or ones that give you a completely different experience with a new region/fan-made pokemon

Last edited:
Back