How does your real life interfere with your playing ACNL?

Nenya

I hope you dance!
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Purple Balloon
Orange Heart Balloon
Hot Cocoa
Blue Hybrid Rose
December Birthstone (Turquoise)
Holiday Candy Cane 2017
Kapp'n Christmas Doll
Apple (Fruit)
November Birthstone (Topaz)
ぶ
CLARIFICATION!!!
This is a tongue-in-cheek question, okay? My real life, and the people in it, (almost) always come first. The one exception, at times, is when I am on this forum and doing a trade, because you are also real life people and your time and energy are important to me, too.

So, that made perfectly clear, here is my answer to my own question to start this off:

Out-of-state family are coming to visit in a few days, so I am not going to start my new wishlist thread until after they leave :( because I know I should be available for trades when I have a thread going...not just pop off the forum and am not heard from for weeks, or even days (or never heard from again!), because your time is valuable, too. (But I really want this stuff, ASAP!)

Last edited:
Well, I'm usually unable to buy turnips because I'm never home before noon on Sunday.

I have fallen out of playing recently because of different games, if that counts. :) I can't focus all of my time on my village because of other video games that I wanted to give a go, so that is interfering currently.

I also have a backwards schedule, I'm a night owl so I switch my game to daylight, I will work all night and play a little acnl or set up "play dates" with friends to play some before "bedtime".

But I tend to oversleep in the morning to mid afternoon and miss out to catch tarantulas (night time in game).

Well, I'm usually unable to buy turnips because I'm never home before noon on Sunday.

Same, I work on Sundays and I can't be bothered waking up early enough to search for Joan and run to & fro to fill my locker before work, especially since I hit snooze a few too many times in the morning.

Last edited:
I'm ALWAYS unable to buy turnips from Joan because I sleep in WAY too late every morning, especially since it's summer break! q//o//q

Sometimes I switch my time to the early morning because it's such a lovely time in the game, even though I can never seem up wake up an hour before noon in real time!

But my real life never really interferes too much with when I choose to play :)

Last edited:
Mhn my real life does really interfere. I just have to move to the living room vs bedroom to do trades because the wifi router is closer and doesn't drop as much. I do get very tired after trades or playing with others due to my health so I guess that counts?

- - - Post Merge - - -

Doesn't* interfere

For December holidays, I'm going to mexico for three weeks and I guessing thats gonna be a problem, only cause if I bring my animal crossing, my nephew will try and play on it and I can't, not trying to be mean, but I don't let anyone play animal crossing, for reasons we may all know(idk, my mum thinks I'm rude). So I have a problem, either bring with me, hide till he goes to bed and play it then (I fear for my villagers leaving) or let a very good friend of mine look after the town, in which he will only go on each day and talk to the villagers for a bit, tend to the flowers or stuff like that.
The only other time that life gets in my way is college work. :)

It interferes a lot. I don't get to play very often, because I'm always busy in real life. I don't have a lot of time to relax, and when I do I just don't feel like playing. Right now I'm landscaping in both of my towns, so after a long day of doing chores in real life I don't feel like coming on and doing virtual chores as well.

It really doesnt but I tend to check my villagers over coffee. Then I do things around house, play other games and then play more ACNL I really just make it a fun thing to do in my day.

I have a full-time job that I love, and I also find myself doing lesson planning when I am home (which is not expected of me, but it's the kind of career where your "work brain" never really switches off). When I am not doing that, I am usually either playing ACNL or passing out from exhaustion, face-down on the sofa. :lemon:

*Edited to add: I time-travel shamelessly within the same day, so it doesn't matter what time it is IRL when I get to play. I was months behind until this past weekend, when I took a leap forward in an effort to play day-by-day as normal. It felt great to do that!

Last edited:
I live in two worlds - all my AC towns and then IRL.

I have clocks running in my head of all the different dates my towns are in.

Forget London or Cairo I'm worried about being late in Pixel or Rumble.

I also have an atypical schedule so time zones don't always apply.

This is precisely why I time travel within the day now because i tend to miss out on stuff otherwise. Real life is a priority though obviously, but I do admit I play this game a lot and it takes up a lot of my free time outside of work :"D I can feel a hiatus coming up again though.

I'm usually more active at night; some days I don't get to play until 8-9pm. And I end up missing events, etc. Haha.

Sometimes I think the real question is, "How does playing ACNL interfere with your real life?" There are other games I could be playing, shows I could be watching, books I could be reading, yet here I am, staying up late and planning out the tiniest details for all the rooms I want to design in the houses I haven't even built yet :p

I have a full time job and sometimes I work until the evening/night, so by the time I finish work it's too late to do certain things in the game. That's why I TT within the same day.
In addition, due to my religion (I'm an Orthodox Jew), I can't play during the day on Shabbos (Jewish Saturday), so when I play at night after Shabbos ends, I TT so that the stores will be open and I can particapte in events.

Back