• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

are you good at school-ing

Highschool, I was around a 3.4. Now in my senior year of university my gpa is at 2.7. Don't really care. I'm just so damn tired of school at 22

I work in academia, so I hope I'm good at 'schooling'! During my undergrad I kept above a 3.5; for my graduate work I've been able to manage a 4.0 for the past few years. I do well in the biological and social sciences. I do poorly in all things math. I have been trying to improve and teach myself math these past few years, but I just can't get the hang of it.

physics is the one is most struggle with. english is the easiest class for me.

i guess im an between B+ and A student?

Art is all Im good for at this point

Im pretty sure I got more dumb and more annoying as I went through high school and at this point idk why people bother

I do well only when I care. I usually get straight A's on a decent year. This was probably my worst year, where I got A's in PE, Algebra, Drama and Science, a B- in English (thanks for not letting anyone work on the group project, Tristan), and a C in History.

Terrible. I'm very mediocre (usually in the middle of my classes). But I don't study or try because of my lack of motivation.

lol i used to get good grades but i have no motivation or energy to study or listen in class and i never feel good enough to actually learn stuff plus im not planning on ever using my education so i really dont have any reason to try to get good grades so im not doing very well in school now lol
lol actually a funny thing is i got my best and worst grade in math courses, i got an A in math 1c and an E in math 2c lmao

I hate school and kinda dgaf about my grades, but they're not bad. There are just better things to do and grades definitely don't tell how smart someone is. This is a topic I feel very strongly about and could write a book on, but I'll spare y'all.

My strongest subjects are English, Civics, Art, Maths and Geography.
Weakest are Physics, PE (I do Japanese dance and I'm great at badminton but I'm pretty awful at all other sports), History (I love history but here the focus is on dates rather than causes and consequences and such, so I'll put it as one of my weaker subjects)
My worst subject is Polish because I grew up in the UK (I'm Polish and spent the first 5 years of my life in Poland before moving back 1,5 years ago) and no matter how hard I try I get a 3. Always.

I don't take school very seriously. I know that a lot of the things we learn will be useful and having a well-rounded knowledge of the world is a good thing, but I'd much rather have okay grades but have lots of other hobbies and passions and focus on self-development and developing skills than be some kid who always scores perfectly but has no friends and no life apart from reading textbooks. It's sad really. You NEED friends. I want to explain to that kid that qualifications alone won't land her a good job if she doesn't talk to anyone or can't work in a team etc., and if she wants to be self-employed, then she needs good networking skills, etc.

Anyways. This post wasn't meant to be this long, so I'm closing here

My average grades were 60s to 80s. It's a big range, depending on what courses we're talking about. Average were 70s which I'm okay with. I'm in Canada so our grade system is different than the USA's.

I ALWAYS struggled with math. Seriously, almost failed it all the time. Sooooo awful.
I was really strong in English writing essays and computer courses! I love writing and web design. C:

i didn't even take spanish (idk how i dodged it.... you need a foreign language to graduate. atleast i was told)
let alone Japanese?? geez :eek:

I did really bad in school.. I never got the help I needed, on top of being ADHD. I would ask for help and I would get blown off like I was nothing.

I have a pretty amazing vocabulary though, despite what you see from my posts... this is just online **** posting lol.
I am pretty much bad at just math... Never got help there. I am 20 and cant even do ALG1 on my own... :( makes me feel lesser than all the other people in school (at least it did when i was young. i understand now, that I am bright in my own ways)

basically my education was ripped away from me bc i was the least favorite haaaaa (at least thats what it felt like as a young child) really sucks man. not even the board of education would step in... AND THAT WAS THE STATE lol

once in class this "gifted" student who would go to "gifted" (yep they called all those kids gifted in front of us... SMH) class once they got there, was somehow reading with us (they read more difficult books) and i read a paragraph really fast and u could literally see her look at me like she was pissed because i got complimented on my reading. then she tried so hard to read that fast so she could 1 up me. she didnt make out half sentences and they made her reread and she stared at me leaving the class. LOL (irrelevant af but she got beat up twice for her mouth.) she didnt say anything verbally but her eyes spoke enough.... she didnt have to.

theyre all so snotty and think theyre better, but in reality i was reading at a high school level in elementary before they limited my learning because of ****ING MATH
**** MATH
my problems comprehending math have nothing to do with how i can read! smh I was in class with people who read a whole page in five minutes that i could read in 1.

how is this fair?

I can draw, i can write, and do plenty of other things others would love doing :)

i hope it doesnt happen to anyone else

um i am awful at school mainly
because of my anxiety
but now i have online school and am getting average grades

well, i just graduated high school so i guess. i average around mid 80's, and im terrible at math, but other than that yes im not too shabby

I used to be an a's and b's student, but since my depression episode in 8th grade I've done really terribly at school. This year I'm aiming for mostly a's again. Not that it'll make much of a difference since I'm gonna be a senior. *sigh*

I got straight F's all middle school. Not bad, actually, really good.

I only ditched about 90% of the time.

Last edited:
I just winged it, never studied and had an C average. Now I'm studying business and I'm still winging it (this time with an A- average). I should probablylearn how to study at one point, but I never could just sit down and remember a picture. Either I understand something and always remember it, or I don't and will never remember any word of that paragraph.

My good subjects were German (first language, so stories and poetry as well as essays etc), English (second language), French (third), History, Art, Theater, PE, Math (Economics) and Physics. My bad ones were Chemistry, Biology, Politics and Geography. Pretty easy to differentiate those from practise and remembering.

I'm just so glad I don't have to go to general school (or whatever you'd call it in the US) anymore, I rather just study subjects that interest me at my own pace. Which is easier if you aren't forced to study for ten different seperate subjects.

My current average grade is 6,36. Although my grades are kind of so-so for multiple subjects (I miss just a few hundredths to be "completely passing" for 4 subjects...), I would say I'm pretty average. I only have one fail mark at the moment, a 5 for Physics - that I probably won't fix this test week - and as long as you don't have too many fail marks, a 5 is accepted if you have a 7 (or higher) in compensation. I should be passing this year, I'd honestly be very disappointed if I weren't.

I wasn't a star student I just got my work done and got good grades. In the end I got my diploma and that's what matters to me.

Last edited:
no, i do not have good habits for school if that is what you're asking

i go to school and do what is asked of me, and i've never failed anything and i've never had to go to summer school

Back