Tips on villagers moving in where you want to?

ali.di.magix

๐ŸŒŸ Semi-hiatus ๐ŸŒŸ
Party Animals ๐Ÿฅณ
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Switch
4286-9543-9212
Splat Easter Egg
Turquoise Squid Easter Egg
Splat Easter Egg
Green Star Fragment
Pink Star Fragment
Goomba
Invader
Pinky
Kaleidoclover
Kaleidoclover
I'm planning on moving out one of my normal non-amiibo villagers and hoping for a random move in (just trying out new villagers I guess ~). But I don't want a random move-in to move into just any random plot. I've got a lot of trees, hybrids and areas that I don't want it to move in to, so what can I do to ensure that this villager won't move into a place I don't want it to? If I'm correct plot resetting won't work unless I know when this villager will move in, but what's the best method to use to ensure it will move into a certain area?

I'm pretty noobish when it comes to villagers because I haven't had any experience with villager trading etc. so I'd appreciate any tips or tricks :)

Place patterns everywhere, don't even leave 1 square uncovered. Then leave 3 x 3 empty spaces in the spot you want the house in.

Last edited:
Like the person above said, villagers will no longer move on top of patterns if there is an available 3x3 spot somewhere. Make sure to place patterns so that you don't leave a 3x3 spot anywhere you don't want the villagers to move. Then leave a 5x5 square wherever you want the houses to be.

Plot resetting doesn't work unless you know the move in date, but it doesn't hurt to check every day. Just quickly create a new character and walk around town to see if any spaces are reserved and if you don't see anything, close out and try again the next day.

Like the person above said, villagers will no longer move on top of patterns if there is an available 3x3 spot somewhere. Make sure to place patterns so that you don't leave a 3x3 spot anywhere you don't want the villagers to move. Then leave a 5x5 square wherever you want the houses to be.

Plot resetting doesn't work unless you know the move in date, but it doesn't hurt to check every day. Just quickly create a new character and walk around town to see if any spaces are reserved and if you don't see anything, close out and try again the next day.

This! Also make sure you don't place it too close to a pwp and odnt have too many houses in an acre

You don't really need to place patterns everywhere if you're super careful and pay attention to where you place them. If you don't place them everywhere, I'd recommend plot resetting still just to be sure, because the first few times I tried this I had missed some open spaces that should have had patterns. It's easy to when you have a lot of trees and stuff.
I've gotten more careful with it, though :p I just don't have the patience to place a pattern down on every single open spot.

Although plot resetting is an option, I agree with everyone on placing patterns everywhere and leaving a 3x3 spot. For me it's easier than plot resetting! and even if you don't have the patience for it, which requires careful attention, it's for sure easiest way and it will pay off in the end!

That goes for me too.
I've now got patterns everywhere with one 3x3 spot. I'm moving a villager out of a bad spot and bringing her back to a better one.

Yeah I've made the mistake before where I thought I'd be fine but a villager moved in the worst spot I could ever imagine :p So this time I'm going to be a bit more careful. Can villagers move over trees? I'm pretty sure they can right?

I've also heard there's certain spots that villagers cannot move into in your town? So I guess the best thing to do is put qr codes everywhere apart from a few possible spaces that I want a villager to move into?

Yes they can take out trees as well as flowers & bushes.
When I tiled my whole town, its easy to forget the trees, even flowers as they can look immovable to your mind/eyes. I would take up hybrids & any flowers you couldn't replace easily.

I have several towns, most have 4 characters, so I can't plot reset unless I want to delete one of them. I have to tile in these towns.

In the town with 3 characters, I personally prefer to plot reset & just tile areas I really want to prevent a plot appearing - eg in front of town hall, just to hopefully reduce the number of plot resets I have to go through.

When I plot reset I change the time with the system clock, this means that for the first play of each ingame day, I can start with a new save file. Changing time this way means there is no need to start with the Mayor around 5.50 am, (considered the prev day by the game), to set the time. Makes it a lot easier and faster.

Last edited:
Back