Tips for a relaxation room?

Aeikurin

Pink n' black~
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
So this idea unexpectedly popped up into my head when I was rearranging the upstairs of my side character.

I want to create a relaxation room, kinda like the Dream suite. I'm open to themes, right now, I have the paw print wall paired with a pastel dotted rug. I like the rug but not sure about the wallpaper...

I have plants set up in one corner, and in general placed a bunch of sofas paired with other furniture. For example, one with a large magazine rack, and one in the center with the stereo playing Stale Cupcakes. But I have nothing on the walls right now and my color scheme is kinda everywhere lol I kinda wanna keep it light though, I thought about a dark room but something about the music with a nice butter, mellow feel is really soothing.

Any tips? >.<

Last edited:
So like something straight out of an Urban Outfitters store? That's the best way I could think of a relaxing, kind of vibey room.

I think it helps you if you look for real life references on the style because Luna's dream suite is sorta sophisticated, carries a sorta holistic aura but still soothing. The wallpaper/floor you are aiming for is cutesy. I guess what do you define as relaxation would be the first question?

Boho chic, modern, bookworm or uh..botanical vibe, etc. (those are just the top of my head)

If you want a room that has an aura of relaxation, you can't go wrong with a set of harmonious furniture, specifically the Zen set. chuck in a Deer Scare in there, maybe a tatami bed, too.

When I think of relaxation, spas, yoga, & zen come to mind.

You should also stay away from heavy use of repetitive patterns, especially if youre using patterns on both the wall & floor, since they excite the brain rather than relax it.

Light, pale blue is known to be the most soothing color, if you walk in to a spa it wouldn't be surprising for the walls to be painted blue, or for bathrooms or modern living rooms. Compliment it with whites & neutral/earth tones like brown, muted greens and golds.

Make sure sofas aren't facing directly away from the door because that can create an uninviting or cold atmosphere.

Consider circular items for decorations like pots, vases, round lamps, circular shelves, since the circle is an art form in zen buddhism.

Also consider aroma-therapy: things like candles, incense, etc. I know you can't actually smell them in Animal Crossing, but they can still give your room that extra dash of classiness & therapeutic vibe.

I think a running-water furniture item would be good too, as long as it has the sound of constant running water, since that sound can be relaxing.

Some items I think would be great to use: Aloe, aquarius urn, aroma pot, any bonsai, basket chair, lucky cats/frogs, chaise lounge, elegant bench/chair, exotic lamp, the regal series, princess series, gorgeous series, minimalist series, exam table or minimalist bed(like a massage bed), exercise ball, harp, lily record player, lotus lamp, flamingo, perfume bottles, cup of tea or fancy tea set, paper lantern, whirlpool bath, maybe some partitions to give off a sense of individual privacy

For the walls: dream catcher, potted ivy plant, exotic wall shelf, mobile, paper wall lamp

just check out moriDB and see what items you like.

Last edited:
Back