Tips for Photography?

limiya

Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
This might be a little out-there, but I was wondering if anyone could give me any general tips for photography? I'm really good at drawing and painting, but I'm a little new to the photography world and I just want to slowly and surely get better as time goes on you know? But yee, feel free to leave any tips you may have for me below!

i think the best place to start is by learning about the way a camera works and what makes a good image, as well as the features in the camera that can make a 'good' image (good is always subjective. first thing i learnt about art). for example, ISO, aperture and f-stops affect how the photo turns out.

once you can wrap your head around the technicals (it took me a long time), you can use that in your favour to make a good image!

- A photographer​

- - - Post Merge - - -

PAS (point and shoot) cameras will normally do all those settings i mentioned for you, which can be good if you just want to take quick and simple photos, but can be bad if you want to take more advanced shots like, for example, a photo of the milkyway. while difficult for a beginner, a DSLR has customizble settings that need knowledge of how to work a DSLR to take a photo.

Back