• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Healthy Meal Ideas

Corrie

I hear the secrets that you keep...
Peach 🍑
Durian 🌽
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Sweet Bunny Balloon
Sweet Bunny Balloon
Sweet Bunny Balloon
Sweet Bunny Balloon
Sweet Bunny Balloon
Yellow Balloon
Sweet Balloon
Pink Balloon
Sweet Balloon
Yellow Balloon
Even though I'm not eating horribly, I know that I am not eating that great. For dinner, I eat with my family so I don't need to plan out my dinners and they are pretty healthy. However, my other meals and snacks are my responsibility and I need to make a change.

So, I'm coming up with some ideas for breakfast, lunch and snacks throughout the day that are healthy and contain lots of fruits and vegetables, since I barely eat any of them. I also want to eat things that aren't just in a package. I find myself just eating a bag of Goldfish crackers. It's just not too good.

All aboard the healthy train! Anyone who wants to hop on it can! Feel free to share recipes or post meal ideas for all to use!

Here's some I have thought of:

B R E A K F A S T
~ Eggamuffin
~ Egg with cheesy bread
~ Egg in a hole
~ Scrambled rice
~ Peanut butter toast/sandwich
~ Bagel with cream cheese
~ Yogurt parfait
~ Yogurt with bananas
~ Oatmeal
~ Mini fruit salad

L U N C H
~ Grilled cheese
~ Mini stir fry
~ Mini pasta salad
~ Lunch wraps

S N A C K S
~ Yogurt with bananas
~ Crackers with peanut butter and honey
~ Crackers and cheese
~ Carrot sticks and hummus
~ A piece of fruit
~ Mini fruit salad

Last edited:
One thing I enjoyed was switching bread and wraps for lettuce. You could get fuller and eat more without all the carbs and fats in the bread or whatever wrap you prefer using:)

pref romane hearts from the produce. I work in produce and romane is better than iceberg (just a tip incase you didn't know)

and my snack to the side every day when I ate that was carrots and sabra hummus! very yummy:)

I just woke up and I thought the title said "Heavy Metal Ideas".

If it were that, I could help.

Turning vegan (1 year now woo) has really forced me to be creative when it comes to healthy snack ideas. I am a big fan of nuts, fruit, and veggies for snacks. I always hit up Trader Joes because they have healthy vegan options. Like their flaxseed peanut butter; no additional oils! I am actually oil-free, and I've noticed a dramatic improvement in health and skin since! Nonstick pans suffice when it comes to getting a bit of crisp without adding anything.

its good you're taking control of your eating habits!! quick daily snacks i eat are usually cucumber slices, baby carrots, peanuts/almonds, trail mix, grapes, hard boiled eggs, and pretzels. even if you do have days where you just wanna eat some doritos or oreos, its all about proportion and moderation

also if your skin is prone to acne or redness i would cut out all dairy replace your milk with soy or almond milk jus' sayin'

Idk if this is necessarily healthy... Grilled cheese on sourdough bread with apple slices and honey in it. Sounds kind of weird but it's amazing. Seriously. Try it and thank me later. I'm sure it's not too too bad for ya.

Salad with slices of avocado, shaved radish, carrots and snap peas with a small amount of reduced fat caesar dressing, no cheese.

One or two slices of whole grain toast with hummus.

Veggies dipped in hummus.

Tuna steak tacos with black beans, corn, lettuce, diced tomato and avocado.

Mashed sweet potatoes with a small amount of honey.

Tuna with sweet relish, no mayo.

Baked zucchini with olive oil, salt and pepper.

Spaghetti squash with home made tomato sauce (no store bought junk).

Back