• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

do you like to listen to music while you play animal crossing?

I mostly don't listen to music and just play the game, but once in a while when I get bored of the same tunes I play some song on youtube just so I don't lose interest with the game.

Sometime I'll listen to other music while I play. I have this whole playlist saved that's filled up with tons of video game OSTs amd a bunch of other stuff. It's nice to listen to something else every now and then!

I really don't, but sometimes mom will have spotify playing so sometimes?

Nope, I can't do it because it distracts me from the game too much. And I like listening to ACNL's music and sound effects anyway.

i prefer the City Folk soundtrack so when im playing that i listen to that music, when im playing New Leaf i usually listen to Modest Mouse, my fave band of all time :D

sometimes, but i usually watch other people play new leaf lmaoo

Almost every song sounds the same and I've heard them enough for one lifetime.

Yeah I noticed most of the songs in NL are just variations of the intro music-- which I think is actually pretty cool-- but it does get tiresome and stale after a while.

Last edited:
Yeah I noticed most of the songs in NL are just variations of the intro music-- which I think is actually pretty cool-- but it does get tiresome and stale after a while.

Yeah, that is true, but I find the music at midnight and in the very early morning quiet relaxing-I never get bored of it. The afternoon and evening songs do get boring as you keep playing. But to be honest, there's no other relaxing night time music other than Animal Crossing's Music. Sometimes I even play music from Animal Crossing Wild World and the original Animal Crossing, if I get bored.

I actually really enjoy listening to the Animal Crossing music. Sometimes when I'm on the bus or the train I turn the volume right down because I know it's probably annoying to other people, and I actually think it's quite difficult in some ways to play without it, especially for fishing.

My sister used to play my Animal Crossing and it bugged me because she'd always change all my settings around, including the volume. I guess it's just a personal preference thing? I don't know, I think it's kind of weird without the music.

Loving the 10am music at the moment! I need to get out more, my mailbox is always ringing. xD Hi world! :) I only add other music when I'm either relaxing and active or if I want some inspiration to get me going.

I sometimes like to listen to City Folk music while playing New Leaf... Nostalgia purposes I guess. I never could quite appreciate the New Leaf music as much as I did City Folk.

If I'm beetle/shark hunting on the island at night, I'll listen to the AC music. The music at night is probably my favorite. If not, though, I usually won't listen to it.

Yeah, I tend to play some background music or even watch a show while playing. The villagers' voices aren't really my favorite thing to listen to so I usually just have the DS volume down. Although, I do enjoy the ACNL music, especially in the early morning.

I just started listening to chill-hop beat tapes while playing AC and it's actually quite fitting. x0D I usually listen to the in-game music though, very relaxing as it is.

Back