Villagers are completely helpless without the player

HappyTails

On Indefinite Hiatus
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Seriously, they ask you to deliver stuff, whether or not they should buy something in Re Tail, catch bugs or fish for them, bury time capsules, not to mention Public Work Projects and the museum will NEVER get finished since no one but the mayor (or any other character that the player is using) is contributing. It's good thing us (unwilling) Mayors moved into town huh?

i'm just giggling how they had a COMPLETELY EMPTY museum before we came...
nice :blush:

Mayors are just good for manual labor in their eyes. Before us, they were probably laying around drinking pop, having some lazy days.

They do donate for PWPs but like 300 bells.

i'm just giggling how they had a COMPLETELY EMPTY museum before we came...
nice :blush:

LOL I know right!! Like how the heck does that even happen!

- - - Post Merge - - -

Mayors are just good for manual labor in their eyes. Before us, they were probably laying around drinking pop, having some lazy days.

Yeah, and we didn't even get a say in whether or not we wanted to be mayor. Tortimer must have not been doing his job. LOL

Well that'st true, they do donate enough for one nail. LOL

Woah, wait! They ACTUALLY DONATE?! And here I thought they were a bunch of freeloading slackers.

IKR! Like... I bet if the mayor didn't come, the town would continue to be in absolute shambles, (only having a few shops too, imagine living without the entirety of main street?!), a completely empty museum, (even though the villagers talk about loving to fish/catch bugs). I wonder how they even lived their lives?

I mean, I know that the game's focus is the player, but all of this is actually funny to think about!

We do more for our town as mayor than actual real life mayors do.

We do more for our town as mayor than actual real life mayors do.

This is so true... >v> lol!!!

How many irl mayors are seen picking fruit for and running packages over between the town residents. How many single-handedly shape an entire town, and fill up a whole museum?

We are the coolest mayors! (ノ?ヮ`)ノ*: ・゚

Last edited:
Seriously, they ask you to deliver stuff, whether or not they should buy something in Re Tail, catch bugs or fish for them, bury time capsules, not to mention Public Work Projects and the museum will NEVER get finished since no one but the mayor (or any other character that the player is using) is contributing. It's good thing us (unwilling) Mayors moved into town huh?

YES!

They ask for PERFECT fruit, when they're standing next to a freaking TREE of it! O_O

I'm so sick of the repetitiveness.

I know exactly what each villager is going to ask. I say p*** off, and run by them.

Lazy, whining, demanding boring freaks.

I love the game. But the animals ruin it.

I'm an animal advocate, so it's really hard to say this, though I know they aren't real, they give animals a bad name. :(

I despise my villagers.
Every single one of them.

Last edited:
haha. i've never thought about that. now that i think about it though, it is pretty funny. they basically didn't have lives until we were forced to become mayors.

PXBkFYs.jpg
This game is centered around building relationships with your villagers which unfortunately means that you have to perform all of these mundane tasks pretty much every day.I try to find ways to make things easier and not take up so much time.I try to stockpile perfect fruits,frequently asked for fish and bugs and common furniture items because I know these critters are gonna be asking for 'em.I stopped writing letters and going to scheduled villager house visits a long time ago.I also check my stored items at the train station locker instead of my house to avoid any random villager visitations.Sometimes I do landscaping really early in the morning so I only have to deal with whatever normal villagers live in my town.I still have fun with this game but sometimes I have to cut a few corners to keep things moving along at a sensible pace.Hmm...I think it was an early ACNL Let's Player that purposely left a PWP unpaid just to see if their villagers would pay it off over time and I don't think they even came close if I remember right.

View attachment 201973
This game is centered around building relationships with your villagers which unfortunately means that you have to perform all of these mundane tasks pretty much every day.I try to find ways to make things easier and not take up so much time.I try to stockpile perfect fruits,frequently asked for fish and bugs and common furniture items because I know these critters are gonna be asking for 'em.I stopped writing letters and going to scheduled villager house visits a long time ago.I also check my stored items at the train station locker instead of my house to avoid any random villager visitations.Sometimes I do landscaping really early in the morning so I only have to deal with whatever normal villagers live in my town.I still have fun with this game but sometimes I have to cut a few corners to keep things moving along at a sensible pace.Hmm...I think it was an early ACNL Let's Player that purposely left a PWP unpaid just to see if their villagers would pay it off over time and I don't think they even came close if I remember right.

I remember time traveling 30 years in advance in my first town to obtain clovers and a simple street lamp was still unpaid pfffttt.

Yeah it's funny how much of a dump the town was before the mayor moved in. But honestly, Main Street was not too far off from my family's home town's "mainstreet" until a couple years ago, so I can believe it lolz. I always chuckle to myself (and face palm) when I hear Hazel asking for the rare elusive perfect apple... I mean, I built a whole perfect apple orchard next to your house in your honor!!!!!!! I refuse to do a lot of their tasks now a days because I don't want to destroy their house with fish or have them change into an ugly gifted-tshirt. But other than that, I'll get their fruit for them.

I feel like a slave, and a bank.

I bought this game as I suffer depression, and it doesn't do much to help.

I now say NO to every request.

All I hear now when I say no, is Jon Snow, you're heartless. (Jocks)
Jon Snow, you're really letting me down (Lazy) John Snow, I knew you wouldn't get my fruit. (Cranky) :(

I often see the townies as my children :rolleyes: That makes everything so much more funny and understandable. Of course toddlers wouldn't be able to donate and do much, and instead just keep crying for mommy mayor to fix things for them... sure honey, momma will peel another orange for you. C'mere, you rascal.

Not to mention that after they do everything for them, they beg for the clothes or furniture you have on your person at the time.

Back