• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Super NES Classic Edition - 20 games + Star Fox 2

Last edited:
I'm going to lineup at a store in the morning before it opens on launch day. I really am hoping to get one. I'm still annoyed I never got a NES Classic (and I still would buy one when Nintendo releases them again next year if I can find one!) and I want the SNES Classic even more since it has better games on it.

I hope Nintendo is not kidding when they say they made more this time.

Christ, kill me now. I work in retail and I'm not ready for the 2000 calls a day asking if we have it in stock.

I ordered some clones jic the original stops selling by the time I'm able to get it. Thank god you told me.

At first, I really didn't believed the statement that there will be way more SNES Classic units stocked than the NES Classic ever did. Fast-forward close the the launch of that product, and there are plentiful of reports that stores are indeed receiving a much higher amount of these.

As someone who is a fan of SNES in general and never saw a NES Classic in the wild, this news bodes very well for me!

Source: http://www.usgamer.net/articles/sto...-for-launch-than-they-did-for-the-nes-classic

hope ill be able to get one from a walkin @ toysrus (if i can bribe someone to take me) but honestly i dont think ill bother going super early like i did on switch day bc when i got there i waited outside for half an hour and nobody else was LOL

At first, I really didn't believed the statement that there will be way more SNES Classic units stocked than the NES Classic ever did. Fast-forward close the the launch of that product, and there are plentiful of reports that stores are indeed receiving a much higher amount of these.

As someone who is a fan of SNES in general and never saw a NES Classic in the wild, this news bodes very well for me!

Source: http://www.usgamer.net/articles/sto...-for-launch-than-they-did-for-the-nes-classic

Wow, that's a huge difference. I really hope that's true. I would love to get one. It's looking like it's going to be hard for me to get there before the store opens now, like I wanted to, but I could probably get there not long after it opened. I *might* have a chance with this many. Maybe.

I also never saw a NES Classic in the wild. Nintendo seriously did not make enough of them.

Reviews are out for both SNES Classic and Star Fox 2, both of which were generally favorably received. It seemed like that the former is a bit of improvement over the NES Classic, with its borders, rewind feature and a game selection that's much more likely to stand the test of time. However If you don't own any Wii Classic Controller, be prepared to hit the reset button of the hardware for either selecting another game or using save state and rewind features.

As for Star Fox 2, the general consensus found its frame rate to be distracting. This is expected, considering the previous installment also suffered from this technical issue as well. Normal difficulty can be beaten without much fuss in less than an hour, but the higher difficulties are worth experiencing for their more nuanced approach to the rogue-like gameplay mechanics.

Can't wait to get my hands on SNES Classic!

Last edited:
kjfhkjfh god im gonna have to get up at 6:15 am to get one of these ****ers when the store opens at 9:30 because they only have five :')))

Last edited:
Managed to get one online just minutes before the site crashed and they ran out of stock. Good luck to everyone here!

First in line in the queue for one! Definitely worth waiting outside for 2 hours ��

>>LONG-ISH SALTY RANT INCOMING!<<

While I'm aware that Murphy's Law applies to practically every hardware launch, the fact that I haven't managed to land a single proper order for SNES Classic in Canada still makes me livid. I've attempted three of the companies that offer them online, with each failing to do so in different ways.

EB Games has it available for about 42 minutes since midnight, yet it was displaying out of stock the whole time due of a glitch in their website coding. By the time I figured out I was supposed to perform a certain trick to that page, they ran out of stock.

The Source decided at the last minute to not sell these products online, opting for selling 20 units per select store in Ontario and Quebec. Of course, excludes the retailers from my territory.

Walmart is the only place I've actually placed an order for the same unit at about 9 AM EDT. And for some reason, Walmart allowed us to purchase more than 1 SNES Classic per order.
I thought I got lucky to manage the feat within 3 minutes of its availability. My credit card is still charged at the time of writing, but it turns out my order status is backordered. Many, many people are also in the same situation as I do. Unless some sort of wizardry happens, there's no way it'll ever ship within the next 3 days before my order gets cancelled.

At noon, Best Buy took less than a minute to sell every unit it received, despite resorting to a few tricks to go through checkout as fast as humanly possible. Not even PayPal could save the day.

If the whole debacle isn't launch day horrors, then I don't know what it is. Not only the Quebec province was denied from preorder earlier on due of a miscommunication between Nintendo of America and Quebec retailers, but I live in a Quebec region where video games culture is rather lacking and is quite far away from any "significant enough" city. Obviously, either they wouldn't stock any SNES Classic unit or they're already sold out by now. Guess I'll have to continue playing the waiting game for the random restocks that'll occur in the next 6 months or so.

The USA might have the SNES Classic stock situation much better, I can definitely tell that it isn't the case in Canada for those who don't go in stores.

>>END OF LONG-ISH SALTY RANT!<<

The stock situation is not better. The NES Classic had about 10 units per store at launch, this time the SNES classic has anywhere from 30-100 or so depending on the store. That's still nothing. The only people that can get one are the people that camp out overnight or get in at the last minute when stores open at 7 AM. That excludes a large number of people, or in other words, you know, people that actually have other things they need to do. So Nintendo's incompetence still shines through even after the disaster of the NES classic. I managed to barely get my hands on one seconds before ThinkGeek went out of stock and crashed. I drove out to Best Buy, Walmart, and Target today to try and get one for a friend who unfortunately had other things to do besides stay up until 1 AM for a 5 second window to order one, or camp out at 6 AM in the morning to get one. They were all sold out. It's very insulting and exhausting, honestly.

I know they're going to manufacture more, but seriously, you'd think they'd have things more put together than this. A simple pre-order system for a few months that allowed them to take count of how many people wanted one and THEN manufacturing them would've made everyone happy. Instead we get this nonsense. It's pretty clear that Nintendo is trying to capitalize on their newfound popularity and fabricate scarcity to drive up hype and boost their popularity even more by manipulating the supply and demand. Pretty sad. Just get a grip and make more from the start so you can actually make people happy.

Last edited:
The NES Classic had about 10 units per store at launch, this time the SNES classic has anywhere from 30-100 or so depending on the store.

honestly? both places i called had much less than that. one store i called were only allowed 8 for reservations / walk ins alike and they were all reserved, and the second place i called only had five total and hadnt taken preorders.
untitled_by_hiimeki-dboy3ys.jpg
of course this may be because i live in england, but i called two different stores both about an hour out (opposite sides of me though) and thats all they had. total. then again the first store i called (a much bigger out of city one, about the size of a really large asda or smth) only had 50 switches for walk in

Last edited:
honestly? both places i called had much less than that. one store i called were only allowed 8 for reservations / walk ins alike and they were all reserved, and the second place i called only had five total and hadnt taken preorders.
untitled_by_hiimeki-dboy3ys.jpg
of course this may be because i live in england, but i called two different stores both about an hour out (opposite sides of me though) and thats all they had. total. then again the first store i called (a much bigger out of city one, about the size of a really large asda or smth) only had 50 switches for walk in

It really depends on the area. I live in a very populated area of Southern California so having even 100 units would not last a few minutes, and I'm pretty sure the stores in this area were given less than that anyway. I guess the only thing to do is hope that Nintendo will live up to its word and regularly provide more units over the coming weeks like they promised they would.

It's been cool watching people stream them, but I'm glad I didn't grab one myself. Glad it's been a bit easier to grab than the NES classic

Managed to snag a pre-order and have been playing the hell out of Earthbound all day.

Wondering what happens after collecting all Pepper Medals on one difficulty in the SNES Classic version of Star Fox 2 does? Well, there are very useful incentives for your subsequent playthroughs.

It permanently unlocks the secret base that's found between Macbeth and Venom for that difficulty. Here, you'll find one of each special weapon, a dual laser upgrade, and the game-breaking homing upgrade. Nothing else than those things. To exit, you'll have to pause and exit the level. Thankfully, the base will never disappear, so feel free to stock up at your heart's content.

There's 13 medals in Normal, 19 in Hard and 20 in Expert. Hints on where to find them is found starting halfway through the document.

And what if you collect all of those medals on every difficulty?

You get bragging rights.

There's a new title screen that replaces Andross's face by Fox, and your Pepper medal count will say "Perfect".

Thankfully, the game permanently remembers exactly which medals you've collected at least once in any playthrough, so don't feel bad if you couldn't get some in one sitting.

Source: https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/937774-star-fox-2/75825679 (spoiler alert)

Last edited:
I'll catch up on this thread after posting this, but wanted to share my experience. It's a few days late because I was busy all weekend.

Basically, I went to Anime Weekend Atlanta all weekend. I was unable to sleep because crappy hotel room, so I went to a Target nearish by. Got there about 5:45am and store was supposed to open at 8am. There was only ~20 people in line so I figured I might have a good chance. At 6am a Target employee arrived and handed out tickets. I was 21 out of 43. Their ticket system was AMAZING. Basically they told us that we were allowed to leave if we wanted and we were guaranteed a SNES Classic if we had the ticket as long as we came back to the store to pick it up and buy it by noon. If anyone didn't show, presumably they would sell those leftovers first come, first served to the people who walked in. I went back to the hotel room and watched TV for a while, then went back after Target opened. When I picked up/bought mine, they mentioned that they ran out of tickets at 7:30, 30 minutes before the store opened. It seemed like people kept coming in to ask about them and were disappointed they missed out.

I was super happy I got one. The anime con was great, but getting a SNES Classic is definitely the highlight of the whole weekend. I have not played it or opened it yet though thanks to being busy and having just got home a little while ago, but I'm looking forward to doing so later!

I received my SNES Classic on wednesday and I really love it. I've noticed that there is some lag though. Nothing game breaking but it can get a bit annoying in games like Street Fighter and F-Zero where every frame counts.

So far I've only played around with the games I'm most familiar with. I'm really looking forward to play Earthbound (never played it) and Super Mario RPG (only played it in japanese) but I haven't had the time to dive into those ones yet.

Last edited:
Back