• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Plot reset: which is better?

With all the towns I've had, I always wait until I get a full town, only then I start to cycle them out and plot reset the 9th/10th villager. I tried to plot reset at 8 villagers one time and it was an absolute nightmare... I did not last long. I didn't know about plot resetting when I had my first town and soon after I realised how miserable it was so I try not to do it u_u

With all the towns I've had, I always wait until I get a full town, only then I start to cycle them out and plot reset the 9th/10th villager. I tried to plot reset at 8 villagers one time and it was an absolute nightmare... I did not last long. I didn't know about plot resetting when I had my first town and soon after I realised how miserable it was so I try not to do it u_u

I'm plot resetting the 8 villagers with my Blue/pink town, it really is a pain in the neck but at least I get villagers i want where i want :D

Do you prefer having all villagers and THEN plot reset or do you start plot resetting instantly?
I would prefer to start plot resetting instantly, but I usually don't know when a new villager is coming to move to my town. So... I went with getting my town up to 9 or 10 villagers then getting them to move out if they are in places where I don't want them to be. I only have to kick out like 4 or 5 villagers out of my town.

I would prefer to start plot resetting instantly, but I usually don't know when a new villager is coming to move to my town. So... I went with getting my town up to 9 or 10 villagers then getting them to move out if they are in places where I don't want them to be. I only have to kick out like 4 or 5 villagers out of my town.

Yeah it sounds right
It depends though, if you know you're going to have a move-in then I usually plot reset^^

Instantly. Like, if I'm making a brand new town, I know I'll be getting a new villager every like, 2 game days. Even if they're villagers I don't intend to keep, it's much easier for me to figure out where I either:

1. Know where I want my villagers to live.
2. Know where I don't want them to live.

It makes cycling them out and replacing them with a new villager easier, at least in getting the new villager int he spot I want

I would plot reset the moment the 6th villager plot comes in. I'd plan where I'm going to the put their houses first like if the spot is eligible and if there would be enough spaces in between houses or future pwps.

Why do you have to do it at all?
Just leave a 3x3 space. Cover the rest with patterns.

Last edited:
Instantly. Like, if I'm making a brand new town, I know I'll be getting a new villager every like, 2 game days. Even if they're villagers I don't intend to keep, it's much easier for me to figure out where I either:

1. Know where I want my villagers to live.
2. Know where I don't want them to live.

It makes cycling them out and replacing them with a new villager easier, at least in getting the new villager int he spot I want

Yeah, I plto reset instantly in my other town because of this
But in my main town I really don't have time to do that, so I have to wait for everyone

Back