Castle Exterior Ideas?

Buttlet32

Livin' a Quiet Life
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Mint
I had my house designed with all red brick exteriors, then decided to buy the castle model and boy is it ugly now. I don't have a clue as to where I could start redesigning my entire exterior of my castle (Which I refuse to remodel again), where it would look good if not then at least decent and not ugly. When you're given single exterior choices in the shop it's hard to picture what your house will look like with the finished result, unless you buy it/experiment with it.

I'm not exactly the smartest pineapple in the patch as it is, so I figured why not get outside opinions.

I'm not looking for anything specific. Only exterior items that match or go good together, because be honest you don't have to have a brick castle to imagine how ugly it actually is.

Realy all you have to do, is suggest a specific roof and exterior. I can most likely figure out a matching mailbox and fencing by myself.

Any and all help is appreciated greatly.

I had a house and when I upgraded to castle I didn't like the exterior so I know what you mean!

A favorite for Zen Castle and Castle is the simple exterior. It's very versatile with roofs.

What is your town like? Is it rustic? Woodsy? Any colors?

Tell me a bit more about your town - I'd love to help and share some ideas :)

I had a house and when I upgraded to castle I didn't like the exterior so I know what you mean!

A favorite for Zen Castle and Castle is the simple exterior. It's very versatile with roofs.

What is your town like? Is it rustic? Woodsy? Any colors?

Tell me a bit more about your town - I'd love to help and share some ideas :)

I'm not sure if I have a theme in my town. I could invite you over so you can see it personally.

I love having a castle in my town, but usually I go for a fairytale theme, so it kind of works. Some things I've done in the past:

Fancy Exterior:
FancyExterior.jpg

With one of these roof colors - White, Yellow, or Mint Fairytale:
Roof_-_mint_fairytale.jpgRoof_-_yellow.jpgRoof-_white.jpg

Beige Door:
Door_beige.jpg

One of these fences - I think it's called royal? Or iron? And sculpted hedge:
Fencing_-_Iron_Sheet.jpgFencing_-_Refined_Hedge.jpg

I try to match the ground part with the roof usually; sometimes leave it at default:
Pavement_-_blue_brick.jpgPavement_-_pebbel.jpgPavement_-_square.jpg

And this royal mailbox:
Mailbox_-_regal.jpg

Last edited:
I'm not sure if I have a theme in my town. I could invite you over so you can see it personally.

I'd love to visit but my wifi is up and down today. I'm typing this on my phone. Hopefully I can visit - Soon?!

In the meantime here is one idea:

Start with the roof. With the fairy tale castle especially the roof is the focal point. Find a roof color and texture you like and the exterior will be easier.

Perfecting the exterior isn't easy! It takes time.

I went on the web and found a few pics of castles I liked on the web:
Not my mayors but others found on the web:

IMG_0959.JPG

Blue roof, blue exterior, blue mailbox, fancy fence.

IMG_0960.JPG

White roof, regal exterior, regal mailbox, fancy fence

IMG_0962.JPG

Sweets roof, sweets exterior, sweets door, sweets mailbox, sculpted hedge - a particular favorite as I am not fond of the sweets fence

Hope these give a better visual for choices!

I'd love to visit but my wifi is up and down today. I'm typing this on my phone. Hopefully I can visit - Soon?!

Start with the roof. With the fairy tale castle especially the roof is the focal point. Find a roof color and texture you like and the exterior will be easier.

View attachment 201947

View attachment 201948

View attachment 201949

Sweets roof, sweets exterior, sweets door, sweets mailbox, sculpted hedge - a particular favorite as I am not fond of the sweets fence

I really like the regal house with the white roof. And when your wifi is back up, feel free to message me, and I'll invite you to my town.

View attachment 201947

View attachment 201948

View attachment 201949

Thank you for these! That white castle is going to be perfect for my yet-to-be second character!

Back