• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Time Capsules

Flutter

The Fun Has Arrived!
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Leif
Red Lily
White Lily
Yellow Lily
Red Rose
Red Pansy
White Pansy
Yellow Pansy
How many of you actually bury them? Sometimes I do, sometimes I just leave them in my letter area. Then I completely forget about it and the villager will move out or just never ask for it. lol

I usually bury them right away to get them out of my pockets.. and almost always right in front of their house so I don't forget where I put it.

The only time I've gotten a time capsule request in the 4 years I've had New Leaf I accidentally opened it without thinking and the villager who gave it to me was really annoyed!!!

The only time I've gotten a time capsule request in the 4 years I've had New Leaf I accidentally opened it without thinking and the villager who gave it to me was really annoyed!!!

I love opening presents because I usually forget to deliver those anyways :p (plus I hate it when they change into a terrible gifted shirt) Btw maybe you never got a time capsule request because your letter pockets were full :'D I've gotten quite a few over the years.

I always try to bury them because I want to be a good friend, but I almost always end up accidentally opening the letter instead of burying it. I always feel so bad, I never read the letter or take the present, I just walk up to the villager and admit to being a terrible person. :(

How many of you actually bury them? Sometimes I do, sometimes I just leave them in my letter area. Then I completely forget about it and the villager will move out or just never ask for it. lol
I usually bury them when I get this request. I just bury them in my beach area. It a pretty easy request for me to do, so I don't mind doing it for them. It is a lot better getting the bugs or fishes for them in my opinion. Because they might put those in their homes. :/

I love opening presents because I usually forget to deliver those anyways :p (plus I hate it when they change into a terrible gifted shirt) Btw maybe you never got a time capsule request because your letter pockets were full :'D I've gotten quite a few over the years.

Wow I am a complete moron bc my letter pockets are literally always full lol thank you for letting me know!! I always carry my tools and wetsuit around in my letters so that I have extra space in my pockets, guess I'll have to keep one empty from now on!

I like to hide the time capsules from myself so that I forget about them until the villager asks me to find it again. It's more fun that way.

I bury them right after the conversation ends and I bury it beside their house so I don't forget where I put it or dig it up accidentally thinking it's a fossil/gyroid.

I always bury them under a tree near the river whenever I get one.

I always bury mine next to a rock. I try to keep the space around rocks clear so, I figure if I bury them there then I'll be sure to notice them when they're ready to be dug up.

I hate dealing with them, so I never accept the request, lol. They're sort of annoying to do and the prizes are never very interesting.

Back when I did, though, I would either bury them in special spot on the beach, or next to the villager's house.

I forget sometimes, but I usually always bury them right in front of the villager's mailbox so I don't forget and accidentally dig it back up later

I bury them right after the conversation ends and I bury it beside their house so I don't forget where I put it or dig it up accidentally thinking it's a fossil/gyroid.

I do this, too, but I finally figured out that it doesn't matter if you accidentally dig it up, because: the mark disappears the day after you bury it and doesn't appear again until the day they are going to ask for you to dig it up. I did accidentally dig one up and just carried it around until the villager asked for it that same day!

i haven't gotten a request to bury one in forever, but when i do, i bury them along the beaches. most of the time i end up forgetting about them though. ^^

Yeah, I shove it in the dirt near their house. If it's someone I don't like, I open and read it. :p

I always agree to such a request and bury them right behind the villager's house where they're out of sight, never get dug up until requested, and I NEVER forget where they are.

I'm the not burying their garbage.

I wish the lost item could be taken out or made optional.

Back