• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Harry Potter 20th anniversary!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sophie23

🦁 Hakuna Matata 🦁
Cherry 🍒
Persimmon 🍅
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Island
Disney
Mystery New Balloon Token
Toy Hammer Rental
Blue Bunny Balloon
Sweet Bunny Balloon
Red Bunny Balloon
Red Envelope
Red Rose
White Rose
Yellow Rose
Apple (Fruit)
Today Is Harry Potter's 20th anniversary
Can you believe it's been 20 years?

I honestly can't believe it. But I only started being interested when the movies started, so it hasn't quite been 20 from then. Still, crazy how fast it's gone.

yeah it is crazy and yes the films are good but I love the books as well. :)

Is that that film with the girl from Beauty and the Beast

harry potter was my childhood honestly i remember the movies and trying to read the books lmao

I was never that into Harry Potter, but I still remember that my year 6 teacher would take us into the "whatever that room with cushions and computers was that wasn't quite a break room or computer room" and read it to the class every Friday before 'home time'. It was literally just with that book, he never really did it with anything else, it wasn't like we already read books at that time anyway, he was literally just like "yo, we readin' Arry Potta dudez".

I liked that because I didn't have to do anything for an hour.

When the first movie came out as well, the teacher organised a school trip for year 5 and 6 to see it in the cinema.

If anything, Harry Potter being 20 just reminds me that my year 6 teacher was pretty awesome.

Oh goodness I can't believe it's been 20 years. Seems like only yesterday my mom bought the first book and read it to me before bedtime.

AAAAA I WAS JUST THINKING ABOUT THIS TOO. I still remember the day that the Deathly Hallows came out and I how I was waiting in line for the book and it just hasn't hit me yet about how old Harry Potter really is at this point. I love the series so much becaus TBH it effected my life so much lol.

I can't believe it's been 20 years!
I love the books and the movies.
I first discovered the series when I was 13 in 1999. I was at my best friend's house and I saw Chamber of Secrets. I picked it up and started reading it. My friend saw me, said "You should read this one first" and handed me Sorcerers's Stone.
Since then I've been a big fan of the series.
I remember staying up all night reading Order of the Pheonix, Half-Blood Prince and Deathly Hallows.

Last edited:
Oh, gee.... I remember watching the first movie back when it was new! I never actually read the books myself, but still! 20 years, man time flies!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back