Are you more of a tattoo or piercing kind of person?

Are you more of a piercing or tattoo person?

• Piercing

Votes: 55 43.7%
  • Tattoo

Votes: 71 56.3%

• Total voters
I prefer tattoos over piercings. I have one right now and would like a few more. I used to have five piercings but they started to bother me. And now I don't want anymore of them.

If I had to chose one, I would get a Tattoo.

although I cant get one since underaged and it might be painful and i hate pain rip.

tumblr_mkws36UgVu1ry10fwo1_400.gif
I'd love to have either but I have the fear that I'll jerk away from the pain and end up with this weird line as a tattoo.

Piercings because you can switch them out for different jewelry, mix it up a little or even get rid of it.
tattoos are a permanent image on your body... i don't think i'll ever get a tattoo? I really love the way it looks on others though
All of that aside I still think piercings look better

i like both but i don't think i'll ever get a tattoo, i'm not good with pain. i might try get one in the future though. i sorta want more piercings too, i just have basic ear piercings rn. but again i'm scared it'll hurt too much

I want to have lots of piercings, they make me very happy? idk why though.

I love both, so it's hard to choose ;-; i remember wanting spider bites back in my emo phase (a part of me still wants them ehheh) and i also want to get a small/medium tattoooo soo ;-; i agree with the whole thing about how piercings are easier to hide tho lol

i have my ears pierced but i'm so bad at changing them (i always end up just wearing the same studs forever), so it's not really a good way for me to express myself :')

i prefer tattoos because even though i'm a minimalist tattoo person, i think they're easier to personalize and to show things that are really important to you... plus if you ever need to cover them up, there are some great high power concealers out there :)

both include needles but I feel like getting a piercing would be less painful considering it wouldn't take as long as getting a tattoo done !

I'd say piercings... I don't have neither (except for the one standard earlobe hole for earrings) but I wouldn't mind getting a couple piercings here and there. I've considered nose and septum piercings but I'm not sure they'd look good... nipple piercings are really pretty too but they'd hurt like all hell to get done.

While tattoos have never appealed to me again since I grew out of the idea when I was 19 I think. If for some reason I was forced to get one or the other I'd definitely rather have a piercing.

Last edited:
Hey look, the poll's even!

For me, it would probably be tattoos, mostly small meaningful ones
It's more meaningful to me to have small pictures or words that have/had significance to you than to put shiny jewelry into forcibly made holes or indents in the human body. But hey, that's just me, and there's bound to be many people who disagree

Other than my ears I don't have either,

But I do plan on getting tattooed on my legs and back when finances get better, and possibly a small stud on my nose.

tattoo but i dont have any. thinking about getting one but the idea of pain is preventing me to get one :(

I have the basic ear piercings but that aside, I'm really not into piercings anywhere else. I prefer small tattoos and there are a few designs I have in mind if I ever choose to get one but I'd probably.. cry

I love both, but I have no tattoos and I've had multiple piercings over the years so I'll vote piercing

100% tattoos! I only have one at the moment but I already have plans for at least 5 more once I'm out of college and more financially stable.

both honestly.
i plan on getting more tattoos and maybe even a few more piercings down the line.

I personally wouldn't get any tattoos myself (my family would literally disown me, no joke) but I do admire them. I'm slightly traumatized by piercings because both of the ones in my ears got infected when I had them done when I was around 12 or 13. They've healed by now, and I do really want to get them done again someday. :c

Last edited:
Back