• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Are you more of a tattoo or piercing kind of person?

Are you more of a piercing or tattoo person?

• Piercing

Votes: 55 43.7%
  • Tattoo

Votes: 71 56.3%

• Total voters
Can I choose both?

So far I've:
Left ear - double lobes, tragus
Right ear - double lobes, double helix, daith
Right nostril
Navel.

And I've had 4-5hrs tattoo work so far. Two betta fish on my right shoulder blade and a geometric whale on my left arm.

I've more tattoos and piercings planned. Piercing wise, I'm working on my left ear. But a medusa or two microdermals on my sternum are likely to come first. The cost of the latter (?80) is the only reason I haven't gotten those two yet. In terms of tattoos, I've spent the past six weeks mentally debating where I want the phrase "Lebe dienem Traum" (live your dream) placed. It's to commemorate my first solo vacation where I went to Berlin. I really want a half-sleeve of a koi fish in a traditional Japanese art style, and have found a studio that fits the bill, but I'm scared to query the price.

I lean more towards tattoos (not that I have any yet) The only piercings I would get is my second ear piercings or a nose piercing. Even though I never wear earrings anyways maybe getting another one would change my mind.

I lean more towards tattoos (not that I have any yet) The only piercings I would get is my second ear piercings or a nose piercing. Even though I never wear earrings anyways maybe getting another one would change my mind.

It's possible! I never actually started wearing earrings much in my standard lobe piercings until I started getting more done.

i like them both, but i'll probably never get either, since i dont like pain aha

I don't have either but I see myself getting a tattoo sooner than a piercing.

Neither. I used to have my ears pierced when I was a kid but eh pretty much stopped using it since earrings and stuff are p much only in the way for me and I have smol ears.

I'm more of a piercing kind of person. Although I have neither but would like both, tattoo's feel like more of a commitment to me than piercings. The reason being that my mind is constantly changing, and I can never settle on something or make my mind up completely about something. So if I feel like if I were to decide on a tattoo at any age I might regret it later. (Though I do have a couple in mind that i'm almost certain i'd like, but again i'm afraid of taking the jump and sticking to it) Whereas piercings you can take out any time, and they'll eventually close up, so it's not as permanent as tattoos imo. (I do know that you can laser tattoos off, but that costs a lot of money in some cases, and i'd rather save money than potentially waste it)

Last edited:
I've had standard lobe piercings since I was about 7 years old, but since I was 15 or 16 I don't usually wear any earrings in them. Luckily I've had them long enough that whenever I stick in earring in out of curiosity the holes still aren't closed. I do like earrings, but I stopped wearing them because I wear headphones so often and they were just painful with them. I just wear them on special occasions. I wouldn't mind more piercings in my ears aesthetically but I know they would just bug me like my lobe piercings. As for other piercings, I actually really like the look of cheek/dimple piercings. Not sure I'd ever actually get them but I do sometimes entertain the thought.

I got my first tattoo a bit over a week ago. I got a watercolour Totoro on my inner forearm. I won't spread the image around too much but feel free to message me if you're curious.

I personally don't want ink etched into my skin or holes punched on my body, but if I had to choose one I'd probably say tattoos just because there's a few designs I've seen that I like.

tattoo, i'm terrified of piercings, but my dad has a huge phoenix tattoo so i guess that swayed my decision

when im older i plan to get more piercings than tattoos, but id still like both

I'd rather get a piercing (not a septum piercing...ew) but I prefer tattoos. They look a lot cooler.

Last edited:
The only piercings I have are standard ears and a barbell in my navel (and I usually forget to change it out and wear the starter most of the time). As for tattoos, I currently have six and would consider more, so I guess that's where I land. I've seen some great piercings, but I'm not sure I could pull them off, so I'll stick to the ink.

I have three tattoos and two piercings, so I like both, but I plan on getting more tattoos eventually and I'm happy enough with just the 2 piercings so I picked tattoos :)

Back