• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Are you more of a tattoo or piercing kind of person?

Are you more of a piercing or tattoo person?

• Piercing

Votes: 55 43.7%
  • Tattoo

Votes: 71 56.3%

• Total voters
I'd love to say both, but I sadly haven't had either one besides the typically ear piercings. I wish I could get more ear piercings and also a couple of tattoos but I'm scared that future employers will judge and also I'm scared of the needles lol

I'm more of a both type of person because I love and have both

i have neither, but if i ever got one, i'd prefer piercings. if i got a tattoo i feel like i'd pick something i'd think i'd want forever but actually get tired of, so temporary/less noticeable (?) things are the best for me. but i think tattoos look cool on other people. ^^

i have neither, but if i ever got one, i'd prefer piercings. if i got a tattoo i feel like i'd pick something i'd think i'd want forever but actually get tired of, so temporary/less noticeable (?) things are the best for me. but i think tattoos look cool on other people. ^^

Pretty much this.

I'm a perfectionist. Having something so permanent on me would probably just stress me out. Piercings are a lot better.

Personally, neither. I hate both. Except for things like.. earrings. Earrings are ok.
And when I mean both, I mean on me. I've seen people who have amazing tattoos but i'd personally never get one. And if I did, it'd have to be something super personal.

Tattoo. I couldn't even stand my ear piercings when I was a kid, lol. Plus tattoos is like art that you always get to have, while piercings are just small silver rings that hang off your nose.

I personally think that piercings are kinda gross if they're done anywhere other than the ears, but I'm also not fond of huge full body tattoos. I'd say that both are okay, but only as long as they're done in moderation.

I'm a baby when it comes to pain lol. I only have my ears done and no tats.

But I did have tapers up to an 8g until they fell down the drain. stretching didn't hurt at all imo.

people I know didn't do it correctly. they like used alcohol and acrylics to stretch.

I used metal (sometimes acrylic if that's what my local mall had, I'm from a v small city)
and a&d ointment. only bled once too and that's because my hair tugged onto my taper (it was down to my hip bones, it was ridic long. lol)

I have neither and I don't plan on getting either in the near future, but I feel like I'm more of a tattoo person.

honestly my family would murder me if I got anything more than ear piercings but secretly i'd love to get like a ton of piercings

belly button, upper ear, and nose piercings all look so pretty

- - - Post Merge - - -

also tho I am not a tattoo person, I'd love to get that one tattoo that the dude in spongebob has
08kMLt5.jpg

Last edited:
I have quite a bit of both. But ultimately I have more piercings than tattoos. I hope to remedy that soon and get more tattoos than piercings ;)

Definitely tattoos, not a fan of piercings. Don't have either yet though.

I would never get one myself but if from an aesthetic point of view, i prefer tattoos way more

also it doesn't really help that i'm super into yakuza atm

Last edited:
I like both, and have both. Tattoos are so much easier to heal, but it's nice being able to change the jewelry up.

If there was a third option I'd pick both! I like them for different reasons

How about neither? Face piercings and tattoos close a lot of doors in life. Sure, you could get a tattoo somewhere hidden (or try and pierce your leg) but then what's the point?

Tattoo!

I want to get a small one in white ink when I turn 17 on my hand, something small that has meaning~

Back