Are you afraid of fire alarms

Yes I am. I'm autistic and it's a huge sensory overload for me, and if its a drill I get so annoyed!!! Not only do I get a panic attack because of the noise, I have to leave my bag and also wait in the cold for like an hour, or the heat in the summer! Although this was in high school. I had my 3ds in my bag and people used to make jokes about stealing it from me so I always grabbed my bag no matter what they said, like it doesnt take any less time to get out, because people always push in front of me anyway. May as well grab my bag while I am there.

I'm scared of actual fires. I want to have fire alarms all over my house.

In fact, I'm scared of not having fire alarms. Carbon monoxide is a silent killer. Stay woke, y'all.

- - - Post Merge - - -

ok obviously smoke and CO are a different thing but you know what i mean

I'm not afraid of them but I hate it when they're needlessly loud, like I understand that they have to be loud but when the alarm in my dorm room is so loud that I can't hear my roommate 2 feet away from me then I don't like it lol. Other than that I don't mind them.

Yes I am. I'm autistic and it's a huge sensory overload for me, and if its a drill I get so annoyed!!! Not only do I get a panic attack because of the noise, I have to leave my bag and also wait in the cold for like an hour, or the heat in the summer! Although this was in high school. I had my 3ds in my bag and people used to make jokes about stealing it from me so I always grabbed my bag no matter what they said, like it doesnt take any less time to get out, because people always push in front of me anyway. May as well grab my bag while I am there.

at my school, if we grabbed our bags during a fire alarm (drill or not), the teachers would actually make us put our bags back

Nope, but I do get annoyed by the loud noise. Necessary, probably, but still annoying.

Nope. I just assume all fire alarms are a drill, and so far they all have been.

If anything, I get confused because drills happen so few and far between and there doesn't seem to be a 'standard' noise, so it takes me a minute to work out what the hell the noise means.

at my school, if we grabbed our bags during a fire alarm (drill or not), the teachers would actually make us put our bags back

My school did that, it's sounds so dumb...But I can see the logic during a drill to enforce that you shouldn't bother with your bag and stuff...If the they make kids put them back during an actual fire though, they're just morons.

But lets be real, in an actual fire I'm taking my friggin' bag with me.

I was terrified of them as a kid. If a fire alarm ever went off I'd have a panic attack

I used to fear them as a kid, but only if I was using the bathroom. I was afraid of an alarm going off while I was in the bathroom, or in the hall, and all my classmates would leave and i'd be stuck in a burning school.
All of our fire alarms were just tests though, such an odd fear

No, we had so many fire drills at school that I'd probably just be annoyed by them instead of panicking.

I'm not in school anymore so now if I heard one it would probably not be a drill and I would have reason to panic.

nah I actually love them

Taking a test and then getting extended time the next day bc of a fire alarm is the best

I'm afraid of why the fire alarm might be going off, if it is. The dumb thing itself, no.

Back