Leif
Red Lily
White Lily
Yellow Lily
Red Rose
Red Pansy
White Pansy
Yellow Pansy
So, I just restarted my second town "Nowhere". I hadn't played it in like six months and my favorite villager had moved. So I figured why not? Anyways I am currently plot resetting because when I restarted it yesterday I didn't take the time to lay down paths. So anyway, my question is...does anyone ever (after hours of trying to plot reset) just give up and say "Oh freaking well...it will have to do for now?" Because I feel like I am at that point. lol

I almost went insane trying to plot reset Kabuki since 99% of the time he was in the exact same spot and it was somewhere I really really didn't want him, I gave up once he was in a reasonably okay spot, not where i actually wanted him but somewhere I could work with

sorry if this is irrelevant to the thread, but what is plot resetting and how do you do it?

you more or less get to chose where abouts a new villagers places their house! When you're expecting someone to move into your town (when there's a plot reserved, not a house), instead of loading your character, start a new save file. Once you're off the train have a look around to find the plot, if you don't like it's placement, just switch off the game and try again with another new save. each time you create a new save the plot placement will randomize. when you're happy with the placement go talk to isabelle and get your house placed (it'll be deleted so doesn't really matter where) and once you can save the game, save and quit and the villager will stay in that plot. you can then delete the new save. if you load up your mayor during the process you'll be stuck with wherever the plot is

you more or less get to chose where abouts a new villagers places their house! When you're expecting someone to move into your town (when there's a plot reserved, not a house), instead of loading your character, start a new save file. Once you're off the train have a look around to find the plot, if you don't like it's placement, just switch off the game and try again with another new save. each time you create a new save the plot placement will randomize. when you're happy with the placement go talk to isabelle and get your house placed (it'll be deleted so doesn't really matter where) and once you can save the game, save and quit and the villager will stay in that plot. you can then delete the new save. if you load up your mayor during the process you'll be stuck with wherever the plot is

tysm! i've seen people talk about it on tons of other threads and it was really confusing me. i even tried to look it up and the way it was explained never made sense. i understand it now though! ^^

I'm currently plot resetting Fang. I've put down patterns all over the town but he keeps placing his house in sneaky places. :<
It's been hours already and I'm pretty sure he can put his house on the places I've left empty on purpose (because it's been occupied before). I almost feel like giving up. ; o;

- - - Post Merge - - -

The gods have answered my prayers! I just got Fang in the place I wanted ; U;

I was plot resetting for Rosie for hours, and there was very few select spots she could go into. But she snuck into the worst possible spot! I never got her into a decent spot, for she kept going back to that one spot. I'm slowly running out of peppys I want... Ruby's right in front of my house in a terrible spot as well. But I must work through this!

Update** I finally got Midge to settle at the bottom of my town in a spot where I wasn't really interested in putting anything. lol It only took 300 tries. lol

Update** I finally got Midge to settle at the bottom of my town in a spot where I wasn't really interested in putting anything. lol It only took 300 tries. lol

thats good :p

i've done so much plot resetting on my current town i'm going without it at all.

I don't bother with plot resetting anymore, although I do lay paths down everywhere / block off certain areas in my newer town to prepare for a move in. It's worked the three times I tried it. I've heard villagers can move on paths regardless of designated open spaces though (and of course if you miss spots), so I guess I got lucky. The most I've plot resetted is probably less than 10.

It took me 55 resets to get Fuchsia
I was on the point of giving up at the 50th attempt, but luckily I didn't and now she is in a really good place too
It's worth it but damn it makes you wanna die

Yeeeup. All the time. At least before the update kept villagers from plotting onto patterns. That makes it a bit easier to plot reset. But I did reset one of my towns recently and decided i wasn't going to worry about pre-planning plots for the villagers, since I wanted a forest theme (pre-planning seemed too unnatural :p ). I just reset to make sure they didn't plot in really bad spots. first one just kept trying to plot right by my mayor's house which i didn't want. Eventually they moved down enough that I was like, whatever, it'll do. Since then I've had four more villagers plop down right next to me and I've just given up and let them stay xD It's actually kind of cute.

Back