• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

should I buy a switch

candxur

vegan trash
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
8399-8164-2698
Island
Redwoods
I used to borrow my brother's when he went out and didn't take it, but he's currently living in england now (I'm in scotland) so I can no longer do that
I haven't really spent any money in a while so I'm sitting here with enough to buy a switch and I'm tempted?

do you think the switch's game library is worth your while?
are you interested in the major switch releases like botw, arms, mk8d?

if none of those interest you then imo its not worth getting it right now, unless you're interested in any future releases.
tbh I wasn't even too into botw when they first announced the switch, but I got it regardless because I knew I was bound to get it eventually, I love nintendo portables lmao

I love botw, and I'd definitely end up playing mk8d. I am debating getting the new 2DSXL when it comes out, so I might wait until I've got that and then see?

I love nintendo portables too I still own and use the gameboy colour and gameboy advance

I think the same as Kevinn... if the games on the "Coming soon" area of the Switch are of your interest, go for it. I don't buy a console if I'm not interested in at least 5 games from its library. I still don't have a Switch because of that.

yes do it its mad fun
like mariokarts a blast, like all my friends can get rekt on the go its really great

plus botw is pretty much a godly experience so

just do it

I would wait until there are more games tbh. The games that are out will always be there so imo there's no rush yet.

Is there a reasonable amount of games that are from the quick and dirty non-exhaustive list of software below enticing you? If that's the case, then anytime's a great time to get a Switch, especially if you're not the kind of person who would play on a computer and don't own a PS4 or a Xbox One.

The non-exhaustive list of Switch games

What's available now?

• ARMS
  • The Legend of Zelda: Breath of Wild
  • Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
  • Ultra Street Fighter II: The Final Challengers
  • Disgaea 5 Complete
  • Super Bomberman R
  • Puyo Puyo Tetris

What's currently available in eShop?

• NBA Playgrounds
  • I Am Setsuna
  • Kamiko
  • Minecraft: Nintendo Switch Edition
  • Snake Pass
  • Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap
  • Fast RMX
  • Snipperclips
  • Shantae: Half-Genie Hero
  • World of Goo
  • Loads of Neo Geo games
  • And more...

Coming Soon

• Super Mario Odyssey
  • Pokk?n Tournament DX
  • Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle
  • Splatoon 2
  • Harvest Moon: Light of Hope
  • Project Octopath Traveler
  • Fire Emblem Warriors
  • Rayman Legends: Definitive Edition
  • The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  • Metroid Prime 4
  • Sonic Mania
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 2
  • Sonic Forces
  • RiME
  • Stardew Valley
  • Rocket League
  • Pikmin 4
  • A 2D/3D Yoshi co-op platformer
  • A traditional 2D Kirby platformer
  • A mainline Pok?mon installment
  • A Fire Emblem installment
  • And more...

I'd honestly say wait for more games to come out but if you are already enjoying it and playing it frequently, go for it.

I'd wait as well for more games to come out. But if you really like the games that are out now then why not?

Sure, why not? I'm playing Breath of the Wild and Mario Kart and having a blast with it. My PlayStation only gets used for streaming YouTube these days.

I mean, if money isn't an issue to you, and there are enough games that you care to play currently available, then I see nothing wrong with helping yourself to one. I'd only say to wait and try to get one in stock instead of paying any re-sale premium.

I picked up a switch in May with MK 8 and BOTW. I have a ton of games for my ps4 sitting around collecting dust because I'm playing my switch all the time. The way I see it is: If I'm going to spend the $ to buy it eventually, I may as well get it now and start enjoying it now. :)

If you would enjoy it and put it to use, then why not?

Back