Does Octopus actually can be starters?

PacV

Vasea Mayor, Zenda Islander and Borelia Villager.
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Hi.
I was wondering this the other day. I always see all kind of Villagers and species as starters but i never saw an Octopus before?
-Marina.
-Zucker.
-Octavian.
(Inkwell does not count cause he comes from an Amiibo).
Do you ever see one as a someone starter or you get em as a starter?

I'm not talking about that they move in naturally, i'm talking about the first 5-6 Villagers.

Nope,can't have an octopus as one of your starting five villagers in this game.I've never seen it myself and have never seen any photographic evidence of it.I'm not sure if that was something intentional put in by the game's designers or if it was something that accidentally got left out.

I have gotten Octavian as #6!

Zucker as #6 as well!

Never had Marina as a starter ever.

I've restarted probably 100 times in New Leaf.

You could have your first 5 and adopt one of the octopi as #6?!

But You might get lucky?!!

I always thought it was randomized completely, which means that there's a 1 in 333 chance of getting an octopus, I believe.

The Octopus are seen as more desireable because they are so rare.

It's been programmed that the starters - first 5 - can't be Octopus.

The first 5 usually can only be Normal Peppy Snooty Cranky Jock Lazy but verrrry rarely do Smug or Uchi appear as first 5.

I think is weird, considering that the chances in getting a Villager are the same but talking about starters... The you can't actually have an Octopus.

I guess you can but that there aren't a lot of octopuses so I guess that lowers the chance on getting one??

Anyone here on TBT back in 2013?

I clearly remember it being a topic of conversation back at that time.

Then someone on the web (pre-tumblr days) reset their town like 100 times to try to get Zucker.

I admit I have a nagging memory that I had Octavian as a starter but he was #6.

If anyone wants to disprove this theory - show us pictures!

Anyone here on TBT back in 2013?

I clearly remember it being a topic of conversation back at that time.

Then someone on the web (pre-tumblr days) reset their town like 100 times to try to get Zucker.

I admit I have a nagging memory that I had Octavian as a starter but he was #6.

If anyone wants to disprove this theory - show us pictures!

Yeah,I was here back then.There were several threads on this subject and none of them could really answer the question.These threads usually wound up with half of the people posting saying it wasn't possible and the other half swearing up and down that they had an octo as a starter but could not provide a screenshot of their tree planting ceremony or their town tree record.I personally have reset many,many towns and I have never seen an octo as a starter.All of my octopus villagers were random move-ins.

I used to have a temporary town like a cycling town to get villagers for my main. Every popular tier 1/2/3 villagers came up in different occasions but I've never encountered an octopus as a starter. If you want it the traditional way (not using amiibo or adopting), it's better to just reset for them when your 6th, 7th or 8th villager is about to come especially if you're missing a normal, lazy or cranky.

I have Zucker already (just finally got him yesterday) but no as a starter. I just wondering this because even when everyone says that there are not rarest Villager or Species than others, is weird that actually no one have a Octopus as a starter.

I think there's a lower chance considering there's like 3. But I don't see why they would rule out having an Octopus as a starter, I know the new personality types are rare starters but not impossible, but the octopi are all regular villager types so I believe they're just super rare?

Someone 9 hours ago on Reddit is wanting to reset hundreds if not thousands of times to prove the Octopi can be starters.

It sounds like they believe there is a connection between the map choice and chance of starters.

If you're on Reddit and have a copy of AC and want to reset for science...

Otherwise we here at TBT could have our own study. Who here wants to study the Octopuses?!

Back