• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

What's your usual Mario Kart combination?

Bcat

👻Spoopy all season long👻
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Black Famous Mushroom
Black Famous Mushroom
Black Famous Mushroom
Black Famous Mushroom
Black Famous Mushroom
Candy Corn Halloweaster Egg
I'm curious as to which character and kart combination everyone typically uses in mk8 or mk8 deluxe.

I don't really have a main character/kart combo, I'm constantly switching it up. But what about you guys?

In MK8 it was Iggy + Sport Bike + Triforce Tires + Gold Glider iirc

Sadly MK8D changed the stats for every character and vehicle piece, but Iggy and the Sport Bike are still staples for me. Not sure on what tires and glider I want to mainly use with it though.

For 150cc and lower, I'd typically use either Waluigi, Donkey Kong or Roy, with Streetle, Standard Tires and Waddle Wing. This kart combination is what I would consider a jack of all trades, but master of none. At least, it has a nice speed and acceleration stats, so I could quickly recover to a pretty fast speed.

I don't have a kart combination in mind for any 200cc race, but the best advice I could give to you is to avoid having the speed stats to exceed 3 and focus on the acceleration, handling and traction stats. That way, you will have more control to your already super-fast vehicle.

Last edited:
I use the City Tripper and Isabelle! :D

i usually use isabelle + mercedes + triforce tyres + rainbow parachute

On MK8 (Because of tiered acceleration) I did

Morton
Roller
Circuit Special
Cloud glider

Sometimes I would play with Large Mii or frames that had the same stats like Gold Kart. This gave me the fastest top speed possible and for a 3 acceleration build.

On MK8 Deluxe (because tiered acceleration is gone and part stats are different with more variation [YAY!])

I will play with similar but varying builds, often Large Mii with Mega Man amiibo racing suit. No more tiered acceleration is the best thing about Deluxe by far as I can play with lots of different parts successfully. I also found while beating all the staff ghost times for gold unlock, that certain builds favored different tracks and opponents more so than I found the be the case with regular MK8.

This is generally for 150cc. I really was never keen on 200cc, though it is neat they will throw them into online matches if coin total is high enough now. However I don't really change my build for this, and tend to be able to manage 200cc races okay with this large time build.

Last edited:
Isabelle, standard kart, leaf tires and paper glider.

Mii racer + Pipe frame + Slick tires + Parachute/ standard glider = eat my dust losers!

I use this set, and I have honestly come in first place at least 80% of the time. Luck has nothing to do with it, it is all my pure skill!

Villager with
Blue Falcon
Slick Tires
MKTV Glider

Back