• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

I adopted a villager but got a voided one instead??

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Pink Candy
Blue Candy
Green Candy
Red Candy
Yellow Candy
So, yesterday I adopted Francine here on the forum. She agreed to move and the owner of the town saved afterwards, all ok. We continued chatting and the connection failed, but since she saved after Francine agreed to move, I didn't feel the need to go back into their town to check if she was still going, since, as stated, the game was saved after she agreed. Later on the same day I had a visitor to my town.

When I open the game today, there's a new plot... for Hamphrey!??
I can only imagine it's a voided villager from the visitor, but since Francine had already agreed to move first, shouldn't it be her?? I'm frustrated. Didn't need another cranky, also, it's my 3rd hamster and I was aiming for one of each type... who knows how long it'll be since he's gone... had to plot reset 6 times before he stopped plotting right in front of my house, too.

Still not sure of what happened, but lesson learned: next time I adopt, I'm not doing any online activities before I see the correct plot. :(

I'm sorry this happened to you, tbh idk what to tell you since i've never heard of this happening before. I too thought that even if a visitor has a void, if you adopt another villager within that time frame, that adopted villagers move in becomes certain and clears the voided one. The only thing that I can think of is that this visitor visited after you adopted Francine. Which means that possibly they came with a void, that essientally got rid of Francine. Or the game may not have registered it correctly as Francine agreeing to move due to the error.

Yeah... whatever the cause is, I learned my lesson the hard way. :(
Listen, kids, and don't make the same mistake. :(

Oh wow! That happened to me once when cycling villagers in my cycling town.

I am sooooo sorry this happened to you!

I've had more Resetti's lately - just talked to someone here on TBT about it. Not sure if wifi is the problem - being summer I wonder if the servers get overloaded sometimes?

Back