What languages is ACNL in?

Bowtiebulbasaur

Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
March Birthstone (Aquamarine)
Orange (Fruit)
Mailbox
I know the 3DS and game is region locked, but I was curious about what languages you can play the game in. I love learning languages and I want to know if I can play animal crossing to help learn :)

i think it will just be English if you're really from the US

There's versions in Japanese, Korean, Spanish, French, German, English and maybe Italian? I know there isn't a Portuguese one. x)

I'm sure you can play it in French and German. The talking of the animals is also english, but really sped up.

Last edited:
If you go to setting in your DS, there is a language option, if you change your DS language then you can play every game you like in that language :)
I think there's English, German, Spanish, Portuguese, French... But in my DS (Europe) there's no Japanese, Korean or other languages from the East, to get those languages you have to buy the DS from that country (at least that's what I understood)
Hope that helps!

The language of most games is set to the language of your console, e.g. If you set the language of you console to French, New Leaf would also be in French.

Last edited:
I can play to ACNL in French, English and Spanish.

I started in French but because I was mainly visiting English forums/websites, the different names for items/fish/bugs/villagers confuse me, so I set it in English.

If I set my console in Portuguese, the game chooses English by default, no Portuguese version on mine.

Last edited:
Back