I accidentally bought a phone...

No. If they are going to be rude by being pushy and harassing me about something I don't want, then I don't feel bad ending the conversation and leaving.

I usually avoid the kiosks and have no problem saying "no thank you" and just walking straight past when they try to talk to me or hand me something. However, I do have a problem when someone in a department store or something is spending a ton of time with me and helping me out because they are on commission - I usually feel pressured to buy whatever it is I came to look at just to not have to say oh I'll think about it. Idk they usually act all pissy after you say that and I'd rather just buy it then and return it later to someone different LMAO

I'm not easily persuaded by sales people as I know it's their job to get you to buy stuff, but occasionally I've bought stuff that I know I don't need. Purely because I want the conversation to be over, and i'm too shy to say no. However, when they ask if I need help, that's usually when I have the guts to say no thank you.

Last edited:
no lol i just walk away and ignore them idc if its rude

especially when they call me "beautiful lady" or some vile ****

im always in awe of people who manage to sell me stuff without just being Pushy Salesperson™ because ?? how do you do that please teach me.

Smile, be friendly, pretend you are doing the customer a favour rather than the business, offer discounts and deals to everyone, use persuasive language, and so on and so forth.

Hey, thats, well, kinda funny and bogus at the same time. But hell if you wanted the phone anyway its no big deal. So long as you didnt get ripped off and let me tell you if the bill magically starts increasing (I have verizon, they like to punk me), if that happens or theres something you dont like, go right straight back there and demand what you want. If its reasonable, they will do it, if not, drop em. Period.

I used to have pretty bad social anxiety, be real quiet and shy apologize etc. And I'm a big dude.

Not that you asked, but the best way out of that, and it kinda HAD to work for me is to really suck it up and start hurting peoples feelings (I mean dont go out of your way to do it, but do it when you get approached or get messed with). At first you will feel really bad and replay it over and over in your head. That will pass.

I started working in a hotel. Had to tell people get out of the pool after hours, kick out drunks, etc. Was hard at first but I got real good at it and got firm. Now people who mess with you will be able to tell you are wavering and will push you until you agree or give in. Once you get good at telling people to F off, that will stop too. I can tell when somebody is a push over in the first few seconds I meet them. And I do not let it happen to me anymore, and I feel so much better now that I no longer have any anxiety about talking to a big group of strangers, standing up straight, looking them in the eye, and telling them to leave. I no longer pay bullsh** fees just bec. its easier than arguing with customer service, etc.

I know when I'm right, when I'm honest, and I am unwavering. But thats bec. I'm 30 now and have had my share, and worked with the public and had to hurt feelings to stay employed and get my check.

You need experience with telling people to F off, get straight, I dont want your bullsh**, etc.

But hey at least you like the phone so, dont let this dig at you. I know it will for a while, but chalk it up as an even balance and dont let it happen again.

Thats just my advice, you should do you. But it really does get easier the more you do it. And for me, doing it over and over really made me better, took away any social anxiety I had.

Hey, thats, well, kinda funny and bogus at the same time. But hell if you wanted the phone anyway its no big deal. So long as you didnt get ripped off and let me tell you if the bill magically starts increasing (I have verizon, they like to punk me), if that happens or theres something you dont like, go right straight back there and demand what you want. If its reasonable, they will do it, if not, drop em. Period.

I used to have pretty bad social anxiety, be real quiet and shy apologize etc. And I'm a big dude.

Not that you asked, but the best way out of that, and it kinda HAD to work for me is to really suck it up and start hurting peoples feelings (I mean dont go out of your way to do it, but do it when you get approached or get messed with). At first you will feel really bad and replay it over and over in your head. That will pass.

I started working in a hotel. Had to tell people get out of the pool after hours, kick out drunks, etc. Was hard at first but I got real good at it and got firm. Now people who mess with you will be able to tell you are wavering and will push you until you agree or give in. Once you get good at telling people to F off, that will stop too. I can tell when somebody is a push over in the first few seconds I meet them. And I do not let it happen to me anymore, and I feel so much better now that I no longer have any anxiety about talking to a big group of strangers, standing up straight, looking them in the eye, and telling them to leave. I no longer pay bullsh** fees just bec. its easier than arguing with customer service, etc.

I know when I'm right, when I'm honest, and I am unwavering. But thats bec. I'm 30 now and have had my share, and worked with the public and had to hurt feelings to stay employed and get my check.

You need experience with telling people to F off, get straight, I dont want your bullsh**, etc.

But hey at least you like the phone so, dont let this dig at you. I know it will for a while, but chalk it up as an even balance and dont let it happen again.

Thats just my advice, you should do you. But it really does get easier the more you do it. And for me, doing it over and over really made me better, took away any social anxiety I had.

Thanks for the advice! I guess it worked for you being in a position to be able to kick unruly people out, etc, since you got to practice saying no to people and being firm. I work as a server, though, and my job is to always say yes to the customer and never ever offend or make anyone upset. So I get no practice from that. I don't know how else to do it, but I know what you mean about people noticing when someone is a pushover. I get taken advantage of by lots of people and I hate it. Hopefully, like you, I can grow out of it! At least your story gives me hope that things can still change for me ^_^ I mean, this time, the consequences for me aren't as bad since all it did was increase my phone bill and rush me into a decision I probably would have made a few months later anyway, so not too much harm done. But next time, it might be something even worse that I'd hate myself for. Lol. I just really hate seeming rude - even though in reality, walking away from pushy salespeople isn't actually rude. Haha.

No, people usually ignore me, I have to run after them if I want to buy something. In some occasions I didn't buy anything because there was nobody at the counter and the clerks were hiding.

My mom attracts those pushy sellers, poor them lol. My mom is a real nightmare, she's almost deaf, has short attention span and is stubborn, so she will make them repeat several time, confuse them, annoy them for hours until they give her what she wants. She gets lot of freebies that way, sellers are so fed up that they give her everything just to get rid of her. I'm doing the same. she's not mean but argue a lot and I have to repeat everything a dozen of times because she's not listening or hearing what she wants, so either I escape or just do whatever she wants.

i'm never going to succeed at adulting. if that ever happened to me, i would most likely cave too. it's a good thing it ended up being beneficial to you though. ^^

Nah, nothing has gone that far for me before. I'm not sure if really overly pushy salesmen are a sort of American thing or if I'm just shopping in the right places? But no, I can be kind of a pushover with people I want to like me, but I'm not so worried about people I'm probably never going to see again. Besides, the way I see it, I'm not going to buy the thing anyway so I'm just wasting their time on a non sale regardless~

I've never been in your situation because I never speak to salespeople. I go into the shops if I need a new phone and pick what I want, what is in the price range, and what the best deal/value of money is. It does take some time but I don't like being pressured

I've never been in your situation because I never speak to salespeople. I go into the shops if I need a new phone and pick what I want, what is in the price range, and what the best deal/value of money is. It does take some time but I don't like being pressured

Same to be honest. And I read up on specs and stuff beforehand and check prices etc. I prefer going to physical stores for those expensive things if they have them though cause the mail can be really shady with just regular mail order thing domestically. And I wanna be able to feel new things in my hand and try it out etc.

When I was ten my mom got suckered in to signing me up to a modeling agency... We got the call but mom ignored it because she regretted signing me up lol.

When I was thirteen, my mom and dad went to AT&T to get new phones, and boy did they get scammed. The man was charming and relatable. We were going to go to a movie afterward (Marvel movie) and he started talking to my dad about his favorite superheroes.
I have seen a scam go down before with my best friend. We didn't go through, but it went on long enough that I knew how it worked. So as the man suckered my mom and dad into everything we were trying to buy, I was trying to stop it.

"Mom, we don't need that speake-"

"Amber, be quiet. It's fifty percent off! We'll take two!!"

"Dad, stop. They're going to charge you for that tablet each mo-"

"No, he said it's 99 cents."

Every other time I tried to stop a scam, the man started talking over me. I was a really shy kid (I still am) so I'm not one to speak up in public.
Long story short, the tablet broke two months later, we are still paying $10 a month for it. The speakers were $80 and broke after three uses. We were also promised a full contract pay off (we were switching from Verizon) and we still had or pay half of it.

It was kinda funny, kinda bad. The karma aspect was hilarious, but we couldn't afford anything for the next month or so... but hey, at least we got the phones.

I've never been convinced to buy anything because I refuse to stand around and listen to people who are trying to sell me stuff. I have issues with social anxiety myself but I'd rather be impolite than subject myself to the exchange. So whenever mall kiosk workers start talking to me I just say something like "I'm not interested" and I walk away.

Once, though, I was at the mall with friends and one girl went to the bathroom and didn't come back for a while. Turns out she was cornered by a kiosk worker and ended up buying some makeup package that she didn't want. We weren't able to get her money back but I tried to tell her (as politely as I could manage) that she shouldn't be polite to that degree. Sometimes it's worth being a little rude, especially when the people trying to talk to you are only trying to sell something.

um no lol we always just keep walking

except an indian at the kiosk (really is relevant tbh) PUT A CASE ON MY PHONE AND SAID OK THIRTY DOLLA
NO.
NOT THIRTY DOLLARS
I AM NOT BUYING THIS TAKE IT OFF MY PHONE NOW

*oh and they say u can take off the cases but everytime I did to clean my phone theyd break sooo*

Last edited:
Yeah, when I was a socially awkward teenager. I do most of my research and shopping online these days not so I don't have to deal with salespeople but because it's almost always a better deal. When I was traveling in Southeast Asia you get used to getting harassed constantly by people selling trinkets or asking if you want a tuk-tuk (a taxi that's a cart pulled by a motorbike) every 10 minutes. Now those guys get really pushy! Don't get suckered in, be polite but firm. It's ok to say no.

Also, don't touch anything people shove towards you. Keep walking.

how is the new galaxy tho? my bf has the five I busted it legit two years ago and it still works like a dream

what are the features and cam specs?
does the front camera still kinda warp the top of whatever picture youre taking with it?
(if u don't get what I mean by that I can attach a picture of my hand to show what I'm talking ab)

Back