• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What to do about a villager refusing to move?

Ably.Saucey

Count your Many Blessings
Bells
Switch
5195-6588-2889
Orange Balloon
Father's Day Carnation
Spring Sakura
Blue Hybrid Violet
Purple Violet
Red Pansy
White Violet
Famous Mushroom
Spring Shamrock
Ice Cream Swirl (TBT Beach Party)
I can't seem to get my villager to ping, I've TTed about 5 months (stopping and talking everyday) I don't know if she's my tenth or not and I've heard the tenth villagers NEVER MOVE. :mad: Is that true?
I've also heard they only move with an amiibo card, I don't have any and I don't want any.

Any insight is helpful.
Thank you

Yes, it's sadly true that 10th villagers don't ask to move, at least I think so. Goldie is my 10th villager and she doesn't ping AT ALL for moving and I've had her for 3 months now.

Wait, are they 10th until someone moves and the new villagers the 10th, or are they forever the tenth.

I've had a 10th villager ask to move - once. No. Wait. Twice.

I don't think it is impossible - just BERRY BERRY VERY unlikely.

I'm so sorry to hear they won't move.
Did you complete favors for them? Write them letters?

That's how I finally got Gigi - a random StreetPass move in to finally ask to leave.

You never know - it might happen tomorrow?!

I will say that I've had better luck with showering them with attention vs. ignoring and hitting with nets. :eek:P

I've had a 10th villager ask to move - once. No. Wait. Twice.

I don't think it is impossible - just BERRY BERRY VERY unlikely.

I'm so sorry to hear they won't move.
Did you complete favors for them? Write them letters?

That's how I finally got Gigi - a random StreetPass move in to finally ask to leave.

You never know - it might happen tomorrow?!

I will say that I've had better luck with showering them with attention vs. ignoring and hitting with nets. :eek:P

The only problem I have with completing their favors is that they tend to start collecting junk in their home( i.e oil drum) and the shirts get changed. I'm trying to keep them as original as possible since I cycle them.

- - - Post Merge - - -

But I talk to that villager a lot every day, though.
Maybe whining to isabelle will help.

First... I want to point out that bother her and make her feel bad is not going to work.

Plan a)
If she was the last one to move out you can actually follow these steps.
1: Stop talking to him/her.
2: TT 4 days.
3: Talk to someone, who tell you who want to move/Ping you.
4: Stop him if you don't want to move him out.
5: Keep TT day by day and repeat the process.

Plan b)
Do you want to someone else to move out. If that's the case, first move out that one and then, it will be easier and 100% sure that Astrid going to Ping you soon.

Note: If she said that she wants to stay, close the game without saving and try again until she leave.

Plan c)
Cycling Process are always helpful and faster.
-TT 4 days.
-Find the one who want to move out.
-Stop him (if you want to keep him/her).
-TT to the date he/she said.
-That would be 10 days, but don't worry... No one is going to move out.
-Talk to the 5 Villagers outside and they going to ask you where you've been all that time.
-Save and quit.
-Start again.
-Find the one who want to move out and if you don't want to get rid of... Repeat the process.

I move out at least 40 Villagers out of my Town with this three. And i actually move out someone in 1 day with these tricks. You only need to be patient.

Hope this help. Feel free to PM or VM if you have questions. Good luck!

Last edited:
So is it the case that you can have two animals at once who won't ping? The tenth and then the last one who did ping (I think it's a rule no one animal will ping twice in a row?)?

No, one of the Villagers have to ping you to move out and you actually have to move em out if you want that the 10th one move out.

I believe a villager that's moved in before the 10th has to ping to move out before the 10th will budge. I don't think its neccessarily true in saying that the 10th will NEVER move, it's just going to be harder to get them to. In my experience, I haven't had much trouble with tenth villagers. I find that they just move out as quickly as anyone else does. I don't think it'll come to needing an amiibo to force them out (which would be redundant anyway, as I hear that amiibos are even harder to get out, but also from experience) good luck with getting your 10th villager out :)

Back