• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Can you cook?

Can you cook

• Yes

Votes: 48 32.0%
  • Kinda

Votes: 66 44.0%
  • No

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Do hot pockets count?

Votes: 21 14.0%

• Total voters
I can cook basic things and I think I do a pretty decent job if I'm given a recipe with specific instructions to follow. I've been trying to cook more but my dorm doesn't have a common kitchen or anything and when I do come home on the weekends I usually just cook something simple

My favorite thing to cook (well, bake) is stromboli because I googled how to braid the dough and since doing that, it looks SUPER fancy, so I like showing off with it even though it took almost no effort. It's actually easier for me to braid it than flip it. :cool: For those who don't know what that is, it's basically just pizza inside its own bread.

I usually cook alfredo, spaghetti with cheese-stuffed meatballs, lasagna or pastitsa (not sure if I spelled that right?), etc. but I like baking cookies and breads, too. Sometimes I'll make a cheesecake if I'm bored.

I'm moving into a new house soon so I'll have my own kitchen to do that kinda stuff in. And people won't mysteriously make my spices disappear. It'll be great. I won't have to buy vanilla every month. :mad:

I'd say I'm OK. I used to cook quite a few elaborate meals and they always turned out well. I just don't cook anything from scratch anymore, I just don't have the time or money to buy the fresh ingredients and cook a meal, I'm also very impatient when it comes to making food, which isn't great.

kind of in the progres of learning? (at a veerry slow rate)
I know like. 3ish recipes s:

I do cook, in fact recently I've been into cooking a vegan pasta dish for the past few evenings. It's quick and simple and tastes stunning. Unfortunately, I don't have the time to cook for hours, as much as I'd like to.

I don't know how to cook, the only thing I can make is French toast and crepes

I can, but I only do if I need to. My girlfriend always likes to cook/experiment and she makes the best dishes so I give her the floor (or kitchen) every time.

XD yeah, since I?m a stay at home mom. I like to be those type of women
who stay home to cook, clean and watch the kids c: It?s fun in my opinion.
My favorite meal to make is fettuccine alfredo (with shrimp for the husband).
And I also like making teriyaki chicken with rice and steamed veggies.​

i can pretty good, i just haven't been able to because of my living situation but i enjoy it and find it fun

Yep.

All of my family has a thing for cooking, except for my uncle who is vegan and it eats frozen goods/takeaways rather than actual meals which give him all the essential things that he needs to be healthy but he ignores me when I explain this to him.

Back