• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Can you cook?

Can you cook

• Yes

Votes: 48 32.0%
  • Kinda

Votes: 66 44.0%
  • No

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Do hot pockets count?

Votes: 21 14.0%

• Total voters
I'm pretty good at following recipes. I wouldn't say I'm a good cook but I can make good food occasionally. My biggest issue is that I'm lazy and the time it takes to prepare and wash everything is too much for me to handle so I usually just cook on the weekends.

I'd like to think I can but the fact is I haven't done that much cooking(outside of boiling ramen anyways), so I couldn't say if I'm any good at it.

Yes. I love cooking! I enjoy preparing Indian, Japanese, and Vietnamese inspired dishes the most.

Last edited:
i like to think that preparing boxed or frozen foods is the same thing as cooking. so, yes, i can cook.

i prefer baking. ^^ when it comes to cooking, i'm more of a "do hot pockets count?" kind of person.

I know how to make the basic college foods... Hamburger helper, Ramen, hot pockets... as long as you know how to put things into an oven, it fine in my book.

- - - Post Merge - - -

i like to think that preparing boxed or frozen foods is the same thing as cooking. so, yes, i can cook.

It is tbh

I don't cook anything that doesn't come ready-made. I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard to follow a recipe, but I don't like how much effort goes into cooking. Buying all the ingredients, cooking the meal, worrying about serving size. I'd much rather just make a 5-minute meal in the microwave and eat that. But maybe that's just the lifestyle of most poor college kids.

Ehh, I'm better at making the food look pretty on the plate than actually cooking, though that's just because of lack of practice lol.

I can cook! Obviously I can't cook everything or a 5 star meal but I can cook some creative dishes that are both hralthy and delicious! :)

Cooking is really fun for me! It allows me to enjoy food and feel good when I eat. My favourite dishes to make are stir fries.

some things but i'm really really bad and my anxiety is Very Strong when i have to cook, idrk why but yeah lol.
when i have to prepare food for myself i usually eat cereal, a fruit or something i can microwave

I can kind of cook, and by kind of I mean a grilled cheese, instant noodles, and scrambled egg. :(

Yes! I can both cook and bake! My favourite thing to cook is Lasagna and my favourite thing to bake is Crossiants. :)

Haha, trash pockets. Makes me want to barf just thinking about them. Uhh..... I can kind of cook. I know how to make pizza dough. Homemade pizza is the best, should try it with homemade sauce one time.

I can cook some simple dishes such as rice with chicken and tomato sauce, rice with curry + shrimp sauce, stuffed squash with corn, ham and melted cheese, boiled potatoes with mustard and ham sauce, and pork cheek stew. Wish I could cook more complex dishes like salmon coulibiac or beef Wellington.

Last edited:
Whatever I manage to cook, I make it good... but my options are limited xD

I'm not all-knowing or anything, but I can make a few pretty tasty things and I'm at least at the "everything I cook is edible" stage.

I hate it. I get so nervous about timings and I'm awfully forgetful and it's just boring. I've started cooking with my boyfriend which makes things 10x better but I'm nowhere near being good or enjoying it

Back