• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Whats Worse, Bad Music or Bad Tv?

Bad Music Or Bad Tv?

• Bad Music

Votes: 51 49.5%
  • Bad Tv/Movies

Votes: 32 31.1%
  • Neither Matter To Me

Votes: 8 7.8%
  • I Don't Think I Could Manage Either Way D:

Votes: 12 11.7%

• Total voters
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Blue Hybrid Violet
Pink Hybrid Lily
Blue Hybrid Pansy
Pink Hybrid Cosmos
Purple Violet
Yellow Lily
Red Rose
Yellow Tulip
White Pansy
Red Pansy
This was on my mind for whatever reason today. What bugs you more, music that you hate or tv shows/movies that you hate? For me personally i'd rather hear a hated tv/movie playing because I can at least block it out and use it as white noise. I can't do that with music 99% of the time so i'd be stuck listening to some pretty annoying songs lol! How about y'all?:)

Bad television. I put anything on, really. If I'm actually trying to pay attention, though, good music is important.

This is a confusing question to me, though. Why would you choose something bad either way?

Bad music only lasts 3-4 minutes while TV shows range from 30mins-1hr. Longer if it's a movie.

I'd rather not have either! Nickelback and Keeping Up With the Kardashians are both travesties.

I think I can manage bad TV/movies more. I'm not so picky with what I watch, but I feel extremely uncomfortable with any bad music. Tbh any good music can sound bad to me if I'm not in the mood.

Bad television. I put anything on, really. If I'm actually trying to pay attention, though, good music is important.

This is a confusing question to me, though. Why would you choose something bad either way?

haha wow you are thinking far too hard about it. it's if you had to choose. it's just a fun conversational topic lol. ever heard of the game would you rather?

anyway, i'd say i prefer bad tv because you can choose what you watch. music is everywhere and you cannot escape it no matter where you go

Bad television is worse, in my opinion. It can be so hard to find something good to watch ^^''

I can't think of a scenario where I would be stuck watching bad tv unless I'm in a waiting room, otherwise there would probably be at least one option that I don't hate haha. I'll have to go with bad music being worse since songs I hate tend to get stuck in my head for weeks on end :mad:

Bad music is worse for me because I rarely ever watch TV or music on a daily basis. I use the Internet like social media and games to pass by the time :)

I love both. I don't know if it's my masochist side but I'm willingly watching and listening to bad things for fun, there is something in it that amuses me no end. It's even funnier if they are dubbed in my own language. A friend of mine used to do bad covers of songs in French and I loved it, but most of people don't get it and think it's just awful.

(example)

10ff24fcd8c093bdb481434fd6df9b66.jpg

Last edited:
Bad TV, for the same reasons OP stated. Music can be tuned out a lot easier than television. With a television, you are actively trying to find something for entertainment, whereas music can be secondary.

I think bad TV is worse but easier to block out as white noise, so I'd choose that. With bad music it will just drive me nuts, especially if it has one of those mainstream repetitive rhythms that can be easily stuck in your head even though the song is crap.

Bad movies/TV shows are worse because they require more of an investment of time/money and I hate wasting money. Like when I went to see BvS in theater and I regretted every wasted cent. I wouldn't be able to listen to it as background noise because the entire time I would be thinking about how much I resented the movie for being terrible and taking my money :(

Although there are some songs that are absolutely terrible, at least they're only 2-4 minutes long.

Honestly depends on the level of bad. Tv shows or movies can be so bad that they become really entertaining to watch in a way the creators didn't really intend. That's usually harder to find with music, bad music is often just bad. But just plain boringly written tv/movies are pretty bad.

Would rather watch KUWTK than listen to Jake Paul's "it's everyday bro". music is an art form, you can't just take a **** and call it music. breaks my soul

I'd rather not have either! Nickelback and Keeping Up With the Kardashians are both travesties.

This. But it really depends on HOW bad the specified music or movie is. Because if a movie is unknowingly comedically bad, I'd watch that over listening to bad music any day. With bad music I cringe. With bad TV/Movies, I make fun of it and laugh.

i dont watch tv that more since 2015 , as for music , you can just avoid it. i dont really care

Last edited:
Back