• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

EDIT *NOT*Deleting my town

John Wick

𝑩𝒂𝒃𝒂 𝒀𝒂𝒈𝒂 🐾
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Tricolored Puppy Plush
Swamp Potion
Kaleidoclover
Purple Bat Potion
Lucky
Purple Candy
Ancient Candle
Voodoo Doll
Ancient Candle
Green Candy
I adopted Freya, I had finally gotten rid of one of my amiibo's, and I put patterns EVERYWHERE and left two 5 x 5 spaces for Freya. She moved into a patterned spot and destroyed my hybrid field.

I had removed all flowers and lay patterns down before adopting.

That's it for me.

I'm done.

Last edited:
I'm totally devastated. :(

WHY did this happen?
It says they can't move on patterns so 2 weeks ago I covered my town. She had TWO 5 x 5 spots, WHY destroy my town!!!!

:( :( :( :(

Last edited:
Aw man I'm sorry to hear that, I do the same thing in my town so villagers don't screw things up and I haven't had a problem, maybe it was a glitch in the game? I hope it gets worked out for you, that really stinks :(

Wow I've never had this happen since the update! :( Did they move onto the middle of a path or is their doorway eating up a block of your path? cause I've had that to happen to me more than once when I've forgotten to add in extra tile piece to keep their doorway from destroying things!

I don't know how to plot reset, and I already saved it. :(

I've read everywhere that patterns stop this. :(

I even destroyed my perfect peach trees to make a spot for her, and it's a spot where someone has lived before, so that wasn't a problem.

I have 6 more amiibo's to move, but now I know if I get anyone else, they could move in front of me again. :(

I'm not making new characters and going through plot resetting hell. :(

In a pit of depression because nothing I do is right.

Am sorry.:(

I completely understand that feeling. I wouldn't delete yet though. Just set it aside for a few days. You may get a second wind and with it a new sense of determination not to let these villagers win!

Plot resetting isn't all the hellish actually. it's less frustrating than having them move into the wrong spot.

Villagers will move their houses on patterns if there's no space in the town. Maybe the two 5x5 spaces were places where she can't put her house in?

am really sorry that happened. :( i'm not sure what to say that will make you happier, but it's never nice to see someone so sad. hope something really good happens to you sometime in the near future, whether it has to do with your ac world, or real life.

Villagers will move their houses on patterns if there's no space in the town. Maybe the two 5x5 spaces were places where she can't put her house in?

Yeah, this. Though you mentioned one spot was previously plotted on and that you had two 5 x 5s, when you only need 3 x 3s, so you gave everything a wide birth. It's weird that it still happened.

I've plot reset a billion times over the years and still found no concrete algorithm for how the game decides. For the most part, the game seems to follow the rule that hana-mii mentioned, but occasionally it seems to ignore it and wreck patterns anyway?

They can still plot in pattern places even when...
-You have Lots of patterns.
Sometimes we place patterns in places that just don't need it. That happen to me with Chief. I lost the chance of having him 2 Times. I literally cycle 32 Villagers because he place his house in a bad spot.

-The place we want our villagers is not a "valid" place.
Sometimes the place looks valid, but by the end is not.

I understand you because i get stuck by Amiibo Villagers too, so i reset. 2 Months later i have a better town that the one i used to have. If you need help, i can help you giving you fruit, bamboo and bushes. I can give you some hybrids too.

Last edited:
They were places where she COULD put her house. As I've had villagers live there before.

Even killed my Bell Tree.

She's in a horrible spot.
I am now back to 7 villagers I have get rid of.

Stuff it.
I can't handle this.
I was stuck with 7 amiibo's for half a year, then Mathilda FINALLY pings to move, and I put patterns down after she left. I adopt Freya and she destroyed my town. :( :( :( :(

I can't even type anymore.

Dang, it sure makes you reconsider using amiibo cards. I'm definitely noticing the same problem with my AC-generated animals. Knowing Nintendo, it was done this way on purpose so you have to buy more cards just to switch out another one.

Jon,

I'm
So sorry.

There are no words for how frustrating it can be.
First the Amiibo don't want to move out, then this.

There are a lot of people here who have been through similar disasters, but we can only imagine how you feel.

I'm sending all the best thoughts for you.

If there is anything we as a group can do to help will you let us know?

Last edited:
I read somewhere that it's better if they have 2 spaces around the house, so it's more likely that they will move there
Maybe there wasn't enough space around them?
I'm so sorry for you anyway, it sucks

I'm so sorry. I was wondering where you went because I enjoy conversing with you. 😟

Sorry to hear. Although this is a little too late, you probably should've went in with a different character first to check she was in the right place. I know it's extremely tedious and annoying, but it's better to be safe than sorry. I recommend looking up the plot reset trick if you have the patience. Anyway, good luck with the new town, and hopefully it'll be even better than your last. :)

Last edited:
Thanks guys. You've all been great.

I know what happened.
You don't need to leave extra space. Not even for the door.
If there's a 3 x 3, they WILL take it.

What Freya did, and I know now, is in my field I had 4 blue hydrangeas with a sweet olive in the center, and 4 pink roses.

HRH
ROR
HRH

H = Hydrangea
R = Rose
O = Sweet Olive

It looked small, but.. it's 3 x 3.

My fault. :(

I know now.

Back