• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

My town got deleted..

Fuzzle.Sophie

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
I started it only ten days ago, today I turned it on and there was no "continue" option, I turned my DS off, on again but it wasn't there!
I kinda knew it was gonna happen since the game glitched sometimes, but still
At least it wasn't long that I had it :(

AWWWW, I'm so sorry that happened to you! What is your plan?

Aw I'm sorry, how frustrating. Maybe if the game card is glitching you should consider getting a different one? Used ones can be found for about $10, which isn't too bad for a game. It would be terrible if this happened again when you were even further into the game

At least it wasn't long that I had it :(

True! Ten days is pretty minor in Animal Crossing.

Good luck! I'm sure you'll get Marshal back. You could try plot resetting for him, since that's pretty easy to do with a brand new town (if you have the patience)

I am sorry that happened to you!! That sucks :/ this happened to me recently as well so I'm currently in the middle of plot resetting and getting all my villagers where I want them again.. If you'd like I can scan in Marshal for you and then ask him to move out so you can come pick him up! I just got his card. Let me know once you restart and I'll go ahead and do that for you! :)

This happened to me with Goblin! The entire town disappeared from the cartridge...or so I thought. I took the cartridge out, inspected it for dust, blew on it, stuck it into a different 3DS, and it worked. My town had never left. When I put it back into the original 3DS, it continued to work properly. I still don't know what happened, but that is NOT a feeling I hope to repeat. My heart is in that town!

Before you start a new town, I recommend taking your cartridge out, etc. and trying again just to see.

I am sorry that happened to you!! That sucks :/ this happened to me recently as well so I'm currently in the middle of plot resetting and getting all my villagers where I want them again.. If you'd like I can scan in Marshal for you and then ask him to move out so you can come pick him up! I just got his card. Let me know once you restart and I'll go ahead and do that for you! :)

Thank you for your kindness, but I prefer getting him back on my own^^

- - - Post Merge - - -

This happened to me with Goblin! The entire town disappeared from the cartridge...or so I thought. I took the cartridge out, inspected it for dust, blew on it, stuck it into a different 3DS, and it worked. My town had never left. When I put it back into the original 3DS, it continued to work properly. I still don't know what happened, but that is NOT a feeling I hope to repeat. My heart is in that town!

Before you start a new town, I recommend taking your cartridge out, etc. and trying again just to see.

Thank you, if it happens again I'll try it :)

Atleast it was only 10 days and not a couple of months, or years but it is still terrible that this happened to you. Sucks that the game decided to do that just as you got Marshal too tbh. If it helps you can always try the plot resetting trick to get him back, for reference the game will always move in the personality types that you don't have. So if you start up the game and go in with a new character (not an existing one) you can keep plot resetting through the smugs until you find Marshal. On the brightside, this means you can put a ton of thought into a new map :) good luck!

Last edited:
Atleast it was only 10 days and not a couple of months, or years but it is still terrible that this happened to you. Sucks that the game decided to do that just as you got Marshal too tbh. If it helps you can always try the plot resetting trick to get him back, for reference the game will always move in the personality types that you don't have. So if you start up the game and go in with a new character (not an existing one) you can keep plot resetting through the smugs until you find Marshal. On the brightside, this means you can put a ton of thought into a new map :) good luck!

Exactly what I wanted to do!
And yeah, I hope the map will be as good as the other :)

If you are ok with the hassle you should probably back your town up onto your computer or laptop, just to be safe ^^

Back