• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Ideas for basement?

BeanScribbles

Munching on Shrimp Chips,
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Tasty Cake
Silver Mailbox
Mailbox
I finally fully expanded my basement but I don't know what to do with it! Does anyone have any ideas?

for my basement I made it my mermaid / underwater room, since the basement made more sense than any other room for
it

you could maybe make it a living room? lots of comfy chairs maybe a tv, fireplace, maybe one bookcase since you already have a library, some magazines, if you've got a 3ds or wii u you could put them in there?

i made my basement into a cabin ( like in the woods ) with one of the creepy K.K. songs playing.

but you could come visit my town and look in my house.
all my rooms were my original idea ( in the sense of how it looks )

you may copy any of them if you like :)

you can come over if you want to gain some new ideas :)

on an old file, i made a basement into my own personal little cafe! i had all the furniture from brewster and i was really happy with it :)

Last edited:
My basement is a game room..but I'm paying my sister some bells to redecorate for me so I don't know what she'll do with it.

my basement is like.. kinda like a studio i guess? i don't know what it would be professionally called but all my mannequins are in a corner with gracie outfits that i'd never wear and in the other corner are cameras and studio lights. rope partitions line my bottom walls and the other side has a bulletin board with a cubby/locker thing next to it. there's a sewing machine next to the mannequins to i guess look like the costumes they're wearing are sewn? i'm not good at explaining but yeah.

What is you did something similar to a library like a reading room? You could have a couple of bookcases and magazine racks, with tacks of magazines and books on tables or the floor, along with lots of pillows, chairs, tea/hot chocolate, etc. You could also just do a nice little cozy living room with a tv and some chairs, couch, and plants.

I've made a music/lounge and arcade room for my 2nd and 3rd character then an over the top mayor's office for, well, my mayor.

I made my basement into a restoration / pottery studio and decorated it with museum art, pots, etc. I made it into a crafty area but also a little messy like an actual basement. In my other character's houses I have a bar, a bathroom, and another bathroom :p I want to turn the bar into a speakeasy and have the back/bar part hidden by the large bookshelf.

I have a gym and laundry basement, with some leftover items to make it look like an actual storage.

I want to go for something a little darker in my basement. My town is going for a sort of emo, dark, night time feel so some creepy elements seem appropriate.

I'm thinking along the lines of a cult room with skeletons and candles in it. Maybe just me though.

Back