• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

why did my bush start die?

5cm/s

houseplant enthusiast
Bells
Tasty Cake
White Lily
Ruby
White Tulip
hi! i'm building a wishing area in my town right now, and yesterday i planted some blue hydrangeas between trees to section off the area. all of the bush starts grew this morning besides one:

healthy starts.jpg
these starts grew beautifully...

dead start.jpg
but this one died?

i don't think i did anything wrong when i planted it (because starts can grow next to trees?), but i'm not sure why it's dead... am i missing something?

thank you for your help!!! :blush:

it looks like that is a ''dead spot''
it's a tile in your town where no tree or shrubs can grow.
how ever it is possible for weeds and flowers to grow there.

hope this helps :)

it looks like that is a ''dead spot''
it's a tile in your town where no tree or shrubs can grow.
how ever it is possible for weeds and flowers to grow there.

hope this helps :)

thank you! :blush: i figured it was a dead spot but i was in denial.....

guess i'll just stare at this dead shrub for a little while and then move on :')

do you need any help with gardening in your town ?

I have never heard of a "dead spot" no clue that even existed lol. But it could also be that your landscaping connected 12 plants (trees and bushes) which is the maximum amount the game allows. Therefore if planting this bush would have caused there to be more than 12 things all touching, it would die.

You can read about this under "restrictions" here:
http://animalcrossing.wikia.com/wiki/Bush

Hope you figure out the issue! Your wishing well area looks lovely btw...

I have never heard of a "dead spot" no clue that even existed lol. But it could also be that your landscaping connected 12 plants (trees and bushes) which is the maximum amount the game allows. Therefore if planting this bush would have caused there to be more than 12 things all touching, it would die.

as you can see on the picture provided that isn't the case this time :)

as you can see on the picture provided that isn't the case this time :)

awww thank you! and actually, that might be it! i knew about the chain restriction, but i thought it was just for chains of bushes, not bushes AND trees... i'm going to go count how many trees and bushes i had in a row, because honestly i think you're right about that being the reason...
thanks!!!

- - - Post Merge - - -

do you need any help with gardening in your town ?

no thank you! i appreciate the offer, but i'm not in need of gardening atm! :blush:

Back