Dirt paths...

Mayor-of-Bliss

Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
So I want to make dirt paths...
But I'm kinda lazy.
I play a lot everyday.
But would it just be enough to develop overtime?
Without the intentional running and saving with my 3alts?

I like dirt paths alright and they fit my town better. I'm just bad at doing daily chores with acnl.

My entire town lost it's grass within 16 weeks.

I'd kill for lush green grass.

Just walk everywhere.
All the grass next to my river died, just from walking up and down fishing. It was gone the next day.

Horrid 'feature' that should be optional.

Yeah. They're like scorch marks in the ground. I don't use any paths patterns. I then noticed my grass was dying because where I frequently stomped around on. So I kept on trekking.

Grass deterioration is still as bad as ever in this game. Be careful what you wish for because there's almost no consistent way of growing them back except not playing for months :(

I don't really have a problem with grass deterioration. As long as you stick to running on your designated area for your path and walk everywhere else, it should just form naturally.
Also, my grass comes back after like a couple days as long as I don't touch it so I wouldn't worry about permanent bald patches in your town.

I don't really have a problem with grass deterioration. As long as you stick to running on your designated area for your path and walk everywhere else, it should just form naturally.
Also, my grass comes back after like a couple days as long as I don't touch it so I wouldn't worry about permanent bald patches in your town.

I like to make a thorough search of my town everyday for fossils and dig up unwanted bamboo shoots. Would you suggest that I stop this and just walk on my paths and nowhere else? I really want my grass to grow back :p

I like to make a thorough search of my town everyday for fossils and dig up unwanted bamboo shoots. Would you suggest that I stop this and just walk on my paths and nowhere else? I really want my grass to grow back :p

Well, in my opinion, I suggest you should. With designed-paths, planting flowers, adding pwps, digging fossils & gyroids, digging shoots and etc are all a problem. With dirt paths, they look neat and organised. Haven't you noticed the Main Street dirt paths? Don't they look good? I think this may be a new creative idea for paths!

Last edited:

It's a nature game. There's nowhere to walk EXCEPT the grass. :(

I don't want to be forced to walk QR paths. :(

They should get rid of grass wear.

Last edited:
Grass deterioration is still as bad as ever in this game. Be careful what you wish for because there's almost no consistent way of growing them back except not playing for months :(

Nah. I actually have the problem of KEEPING my dirt paths. The grass comes back just fine; just TT a week or two and all non permanent bald patches will be green again. Dirt paths are more difficult to maintain since you can't just TT for them. I had to boot up and run over the same areas 3 times per day for a month to see my paths come together.

It's a nature game. There's nowhere to walk EXCEPT the grass. :(

I don't want to be forced to walk QR paths. :(

They should get rid of grass wear.

They should make it easier to bring back grass, my land looks so ugly and I rather have grass :(

Ahhh I hate grass deterioration in my town, it happens way too quickly and I hate having bare patches. On that note, since it's so easy to make them I don't think it'll take too long for you to get dirt patches, just try to run the same path evvery day when you're playing and it should be quick work. :)

If you have a Beautiful Town Ordinance the grass deterioration should not be a part of it.

I'd pay 20,000 Bells a month to keep my grass green.

Let it be a service Leif offers.

Don't they have grass/turf experts/services in Japan?

Here in the US it doesn't cost that much yearly.

I found a Japanese QR code I started using in one of my towns - it's REALLY GREEN GRASS.
I'm going to keep it year round. I love natural towns but some town maps have too many "always brown" areas!

Nintendo? Can you hear me?! Nintendo? :) :) :)

Playing everyday is definitely enough to make some dirt paths. I know because I do the same thing in all of my towns, and I have a lot of trouble with grass wear. It'll take some time to feel like you're actually making progress but you'll get there eventually. I recommend to keep your dirt paths under control, making some make-shift paths (or using the default) and using that as your sole way of getting around town. Eventually the grass beneath it will begin to wear away, creating a path underneath. Then you can get rid of them. Although everytime it starts to snow, it'll cover your paths and you'll have to start from scratch.

Back