• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

AC mobile coming out this year

Just read the article:

This is the most hopeful comments Reggie has ever spoken about anything Animal Crossing!

Ok now I'm excited. Thanks for posting this!

Anyone else excited? Do you believe Reggie?

1 problem is they did say this app will work together with a console game .... did they change that or its gona work with ACNL again?

I really hope for a switch ver soon ...

ugh, glad they are mentioning it, but was hoping for ANY new info at all, that was just more of the same :/ Still really curious to know if it is going to play like a "regular" animal crossing game, or be sorta a in spirit parred down version like how Super Mario Run or Fire Emblem is. I also am very curious if the integration is going to be with ACNL or a different upcoming title, I am guessing since they are still supporting 3DS so much (especially if you think mobile was supposed to come out less than 6mo after WA) there will be some integration with ACNL.

animal crossing go? find a villager and either play a game with them or "buy" them with mobile bells. i wish lol. it could almost be like a hotel and if you bond with them enough within a week you can have them move into your acnl town

I just read somewhere that the development team scrapped the first version of this app because it "wasn't fun enough"

Would make sense why there is a delay. They may have had those great HD graphics but they must have totally changed the gameplay!

Hopefully this means it is even more fun!

1 problem is they did say this app will work together with a console game .... did they change that or its gona work with ACNL again?

I really hope for a switch ver soon ...
They did mention teams, so in my heart of hearts I'm thinking/hoping they're working on Animal Crossing Switch alongside this.

@HHoney: I wouldn't be surprised if they did, IIRC they had pushed the release date back so many times and now it's just MIA.

Seriously I don't mind they release a switch ver of ACNL together with this new app ...

Hope for a AC direct soon ...

I think a Switch AC will happen, but if it were really into the works very far I am sure they would have announced it. I mean they announced Metroid 4 and Switch Yoshi more or less just with a title, and knowing a Switch version was coming soon could be a boost to Mobile interest, so I just can't imagine they are withholding such information. If anything, I would speculate that success of the AC Mobile will be used to influence how much resources etc. will be put into a future Switch game. Sadly, the delays (and likely behind the scenes drama) related to AC Mobile can't be a great reflection on the franchise, however tangential they may be. I believe us fan are in the camp that what AC needs as a franchise is a new, "main series" game on the Switch, but that doesn't mean Nintendo sees it this way, especially after amiibo Festival being a bust.

Im kinda hoping for a new AC game either on 3ds or for switch AND 3ds mainly because the switch is so expensive and I just dont have the money to buy a switch plus a new game all in one go .

I am really excited for the AC game though I just wish there was SOME type if info on it and not just "its in the works" yknow ?

I'm sure with the mobile announcement. The AC Switch announcement will go along with it.

They did mention teams, so in my heart of hearts I'm thinking/hoping they're working on Animal Crossing Switch alongside this.

@HHoney: I wouldn't be surprised if they did, IIRC they had pushed the release date back so many times and now it's just MIA.
If they mention a switch version before Christmas I will buy a switch with my Christmas money lol.

If they mention a switch version before Christmas I will buy a switch with my Christmas money lol.

ANIMAL CROSSING APP AND SWITCH - HOLIDAYS 2017!

SANTA 🎅!!! JINGLE!!!

That's what I want for Christmas - with a Nintendo Direct in July 2017
Christmas in July :) :) :)

ANIMAL CROSSING APP AND SWITCH - HOLIDAYS 2017!

SANTA ��!!! JINGLE!!!

That's what I want for Christmas - with a Nintendo Direct in July 2017
Christmas in July :) :) :)
Yessss!!

I feel like they could bring AC Mobile in early July, exactly a year after Pok?mon Go.

Predictions-

Animal Crossing Switch Release date- Early September

Animal Crossing Switch announced- Mid-Late September

Animal Crossing Switch released in Japan- April 2018

Animal Crossing Switch released in NA- May 2018.

dear god let it not be a phase and have everyone lose interest after a month
pls dont be another pokemon go i beg

Last edited:
Please let Nintendo build the app to be what we know what we want -

- hard to describe -

- just give us the feeling of Animal Crossing 24/7 -

Back