• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Tarot/Oracle Cards?

Zodiac Crossing

Unusual You
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
0455-5689-4591
New Horizons Token
February Birthstone (Amethyst)
Tasty Cake
Hi! was just wondering if there were any fellow card readers out there? I was gonna make a Pagan general thread but decided against it, because i don't know if thats allowed here :( but anyways, my decks are
Oracle of the Mermaids
Art Through the Eyes of the Soul Oracle
Barbieri Zodiac Oracle
I have different uses for each of them and was wondering what decks you guys use/want!

I mostly use a vintage deck I quite like the graphics on generally called The Yeager Tarot of Meditation. It's the only deck I have at the moment, but I could see myself getting the Dali Tarot someday. I don't have one, but I have used the Brian Froud fairy oracle deck a roommate always had out, and quite like it too.

I started off with the Sharman-Caselli Tarot Deck, but I managed to lose one of the cards so I bought the Rider Waite mainly bc it's so universal, but my favourite deck is the Shadowscapes Tarot, I adore the artwork and it's such a lovely deck to work with

I'm actually in the process of designing my own deck. Lots of fun! Just trying to pick a concept.

I'm completely clueless to most of this but very interested! I have no idea where to start though, although my mom used to be into it!

I'm completely clueless to most of this but very interested! I have no idea where to start though, although my mom used to be into it!

a friend of mine in new orleans got me into it in the first place, she actually used to work at marie laveau's lol
but then when i searched it out on my own, i found a lot of helpful information on tumblr. there are some good beginner tips and simple spreads (more simple than the celtic cross, at least), and lots of people that you can message with questions!

Last edited:
a friend of mine in new orleans got me into it in the first place, she actually used to work at marie laveau's lol
but then when i searched it out on my own, i found a lot of helpful information on tumblr. there are some good beginner tips and simple spreads (more simple than the celtic cross, at least), and lots of people that you can message with questions!

yes! tumblr is what introduced me to Hellenistic polytheism, witchcraft, and tarot/oracle. though i do feel like it can be biased time to time

- - - Post Merge - - -

ok if you want to watch some youtube videos, i found Ariel from MavenUnmasked is a good channel! she isn't too popular but thats why i feel shes good! she does weekly readings, she has done beginner deck videos, and she explains in detail! or you can sift through tumblr. you can also always pm me if you have questions!

I'm definitely interested in tarot readings! I've never had one done but I'd love it. Maybe I should pick up a deck myself. I've been thinking about doing such.

What deck should I go with? Are they all the same generally? All I want it for is to give me life advice on what to do next or what to look out for.

I use tarots! I'm still very new, but i love using them so much. I'd love to design my own deck....

I'm definitely interested in tarot readings! I've never had one done but I'd love it. Maybe I should pick up a deck myself. I've been thinking about doing such.

What deck should I go with? Are they all the same generally? All I want it for is to give me life advice on what to do next or what to look out for.

if you want just life advice i'd suggest oracle cards! they do not follow any set up like tarot does, and every deck as different things! if you're a beginner and just want to try them out, i;'d suggest a cheap, but beautiful deck, the goddess guidance deck! its $10 on amazon here

I use tarots! I'm still very new, but i love using them so much. I'd love to design my own deck....

Oh nice! i wanted to make an oracle deck for steven universe but i dont want to deal with copyright issues, so i might just do a greek deity deck! i heard http://www.makeplayingcards.com/ is a good site to get them submit and printed! they have a template that you an download and mess around on photoshop or paint tool sai!

JoJo's definitely got me curious about them, but i'm not too big on them atm.

Could someone explain what tarot cards are please? I really have little to no idea what they are exactly (I thought they were for reading fortunes and horoscopes) and Wikipedia was not much use either, but they seem like something I could get into. thank lol

I love tarot cards, but mostly to look at, not really to read with. I have the radiant rider waite tarot, the hobbit tarot and the tarot art neavou.

I think the decks are gorgeous and I'd love to have some someday but I don't really do much reading magic. My sister has a fair collection of cards and a special cloth to lay out her cards for readings, she's not confident enough to read for anyone but herself so far. I got her a really beautiful gothy vampire deck for Christmas and almost ordered two because the art was stunning on it.

Could someone explain what tarot cards are please? I really have little to no idea what they are exactly (I thought they were for reading fortunes and horoscopes) and Wikipedia was not much use either, but they seem like something I could get into. thank lol

ok so tarot cards and oracle cards are a form of divination. not really future prediction, but suggestions to keep life safe, happy, and positive. tarot follows a set up of the major and minor arcana, adding up to 78. every card has a name and shares a unique meaning (though the high priestess means the same thing in every deck etc.) but in oracle cards, its just free for all. like you can get a deck based on what you want. if you want adivce, and communication with mermaid spirits (yes real mermaids, but they're on the spirit plane) then get the Oracle of the Mermaids deck.
Its just a fun tool overall, and i use it to help people!

- - - Post Merge - - -

I think the decks are gorgeous and I'd love to have some someday but I don't really do much reading magic. My sister has a fair collection of cards and a special cloth to lay out her cards for readings, she's not confident enough to read for anyone but herself so far. I got her a really beautiful gothy vampire deck for Christmas and almost ordered two because the art was stunning on it.

hm i always wanted a tarot cloth but i just vacuum my carpet in my room and do it there. i was scared at first to read for others, but i realized the more times i do it, the better the readings come out because im connecting and bonding with the card's energy.
and yea, there are a lot of decks i want that are super pretty, but tbh i doubt i'd read with them

My boyfriends sister read mine before but I have no idea if she even did it properly.

I'm not too educated about readings and chakras etc

but I have crystals and stones!!!! and a bag I carry around for positive energy

- - - Post Merge - - -

and crystals for the subconscious mind

- - - Post Merge - - -

we have a person who has a fortune telling and palm reading business on one of the cities main streets I think they run it from their house

My boyfriends sister read mine before but I have no idea if she even did it properly.

hm what did/didn't she do that makes you feel like she did it wrong? and yes! crystals are amazing i have so many :) but you dont need to know about chakras to do tarot. and idk i've never had palm readings but i feel like they aren't the best. i prefer cards because you can connect with the energy

hm i always wanted a tarot cloth but i just vacuum my carpet in my room and do it there. i was scared at first to read for others, but i realized the more times i do it, the better the readings come out because im connecting and bonding with the card's energy.
and yea, there are a lot of decks i want that are super pretty, but tbh i doubt i'd read with them
Yeah some of my friends have bonded decks that they basically take with them everywhere so they can become even more connected so that's really cool. I honestly have been really interested in reading objects/bones/runes but haven't gotten around to it yet. I just love the idea of tossing them and seeing where they land.

Back