• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Old player new member :)

Klover

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Hi there! I've been playing AC since Wild World, and back then I had a lot of friends irl who played and we were able to trade and visit each others' towns. Now that I'm out of school, I don't really have anyone close by to play with, so I'd like to make some friends here.

Recently sold and restarted my town because I decided not to time travel or cycle villagers this time around. I went in hard on amiibo cards and bought 90% of my favorites so I don't have to worry about losing them unexpectedly. :p

Is there a good tutorial somewhere on how to trade villagers? Marshal just got out of his boxes today after moving in from my campsite. He's not one of my dreamies, but I'm sure someone here would like to have him. I figure I'll just use a card to force him into boxes, but I want to make sure I don't lose him before someone can claim him.

I think its the first person to talk to (claim) them when they are in boxes? Anyway welcome back!

Welcome! I'm new too and not super knowledgable so I can't help with your question, but I'm sure somebody can! Maybe ask on the Animal Crossing: New Leaf board as well. I hope you find lots of friends and have a great time here!

Hi! Welcome.

Regarding moving villagers - you can move them out as soon as they are out of boxes and they have their furniture set up - then you can scan in another Amiibo and put Marshal or anyone else into boxes.

It's very seamless process!

Then you can put him up for sale or trade here on TBT - look for the "Villager Trading Plaza" under the New Leaf section of the forum. There you can sell or giveaway villagers - and maybe find someone you want someday!

And after the update villagers will do their best to not move on paths - it's a really great feature if you want to move them into certain spots!

Again, welcome!

Last edited:
Back