• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

KICKING VILLAGERS OUT! PLEASE HELP!

Brooklynemogirl

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Ok i have been trying for like 2 weeks to get Astrid the heck out of my town. Ive done it all; hit her with the net, push her into pitfalls, push her in general, ignoring, using the megaphone in her face, mailing her trash. I need a new way!!! One that will work , i am desperate for her to leave already. Please HELP!!

if you have an amiibo you could just get someone to move in and kick her out

How long have you been trying to get her out for? If she's your 10th villager, she may not ask to move out :'( The only way to kick people out quickly is now by amiibo cards.

Treat her like a normal villager (i.e talk to her daily) and she'll ask to move soon enough.

It takes time. If another ugly villager moves in, just talk to them once, and never talk to them again. I beleive that make sthem move out faster. Astrid will eventually ask, it just takes time.

I've heard that if you're mean to a villager, they stay in hopes of being your friend. Don't quote me, it's just rumours I've heard.

My advice is to ignore unless they ping. That method seems to work best for me.

It takes time. If another ugly villager moves in, just talk to them once, and never talk to them again. I beleive that make sthem move out faster. Astrid will eventually ask, it just takes time.
It doesn't affect how fast the villager will move. Also, calling them ugly is super harsh and unnecessary.

When I had Aurora move in the second time, I just ignored her until she said, "I'm moving away" and I said "See you later!"

But that can be a trap too, sometimes lazy or cranky villagers (not sure how many other personality types) will second guess themselves. So listening around for rumors if someone is moving might be better.

When I had Aurora move in the second time, I just ignored her until she said, "I'm moving away" and I said "See you later!"

But that can be a trap too, sometimes lazy or cranky villagers (not sure how many other personality types) will second guess themselves. So listening around for rumors if someone is moving might be better.

I agree with you. I've had Monique for over a year. It is time for her to GO. Problem is whenever she pings me to tell me she's moving, I say "Good Luck" or "Bye", and she says the same stinkin thing, everytime. "I was hoping you would ask me to stay because I've decided I don't want to move. I'm staying here in Didney."

I've heard rumors she is leaving, so after messing up three times, I'm ignoring all of her pings until she is gone.

That's harsh. I had to bring in a new character to time travel for 2 months until I'd maxed out my friendship "social link" with that villager, and they finally wanted to move. I was so happy. Then I went back in time to present day.
The whole time, I had to be careful that no one else wanted to leave.

Always talk to your favorite villagers every single day while you're doing this. Do not miss one. Wander around for a bit. Watch for pings. I lost Ribbot this way. He never pinged me, and no one told me he was thinking of leaving. Sometimes your villagers just up and leave. :( I loved that dopey robotic frog. My real heartbreak came when Alice left town. Her home space is now a flower patch.

Last edited:
Whatever you do, DON'T use an amiibo card.
You will be stuck with that villager for up to a year!

Ok... Does Astrid was the last one who move into your town? If that's the case let me tell you that bother her and make her feel bad is not going to work.

Plan a)
If she was the last one to move out you can actually follow these steps.
1: Stop talking to her.
2: TT 4 days.
3: Talk to someone, who tell you who want to move out or just looking for someone who Ping you.
4: Stop him if you don't want to move him out.
5: Keep TT day by day and repeat the process.

Plan b)
Do you want to someone else to move out. If that's the case, first move out that one and then, it will be easier and 100% sure that Astrid going to Ping you soon.

Note: If she said that she wants to stay, close the game without saving and try again until she leave.

Plan c)
Cycling Process are always helpful and faster.
-TT 4 days.
-Find the one who want to move out.
-Stop him (if you want to keep him/her).
-TT to the date he/she said.
-That would be 10 days, but don't worry... No one is going to move out.
-Talk to the 5 Villagers outside and they going to ask you where you've been all that time.
-Save and quit.
-Start again.
-Find the one who want to move out and if you don't want to get rid of... Repeat the process.

I move out at least 40 Villagers out of my Town with this three. And i actually move out someone in 1 day with these tricks. You only need to be patient.

Hope this help. Feel free to PM or VM if you have questions. Good luck!

I have noticed that only amiibos are the quickest way but that depends on if you have an amiibo you want. Also Time Travelling speeds it up but that is very tedious.

It took three weeks to get Pietro out (He's moving in a few days. Good riddance.) I found out that ignoring wasn't really going to work. I actually had to become friends with him before he asked to leave. Irony, right? Now all I have left to kick out are Annalise and Amelia... this is a snob free town, thank you!

Don't get me wrong, I love the Smugs... I just... Pietro is a CLOWN. He needs to go...

Whatever you do, DON'T use an amiibo card.
You will be stuck with that villager for up to a year!

Did you ever have any luck with those villagers? Because I'm kinda in the same situation. Gala and Elmer, both moved in via amiibo cards, won't ping to move no matter how much I TT.

Luckily if you reboot without saving they'll ping you again about moving which you can keep doing until they DON'T change their minds.

@Bubblebeam Yes!!!
After FIVE MONTHS amiibo Mathilda pinged to move. She left yesterday.

I couldn't believe it!

One down. Six to go.^_^

Back