• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

What should my second town's theme be?

What should my second town's theme be?

• Rustic/Natural Town

Votes: 9 28.1%
  • Fairy-Tale Town

Votes: 9 28.1%
  • Zen/Japanese Town

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Video Game Based Town (Kirby/Persona/LoZ/etc)

Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Tbh just a cycling town, you gotta make the money

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • I have an idea! (Detail in a post)

Votes: 2 6.3%

• Total voters

casual.kyle

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
White Cosmos
Red Cosmos
Leif
Mint
Pear (Fruit)
I'm having trouble deciding what to do with my second copy of New Leaf. The town that's currently on it was played on for like, 2 days, then promptly abandoned, so I'm gonna be restarting it. I just have no idea what I'm gonna do with the new town! What do you guys think? I couldn't come up with any other ideas for a town, so I just stuck to the basics for the poll. I'd love to hear some original ideas!

Just as an FYI, my first town is going to be a modern/tropical town when I'm finished with it, so try not to suggest something too similar to that.

Last edited:
What was your first town's theme? It'd be good to make an entirely different town. :)

I've found there's so many possibilities due to patterns. I'm sure you know of the popular ones already (Zelda, Harvest Moon, seasonal etc) but there's many more I rarely find at the Dream Suite. Moon theme, urban with car parks (you could make a drive-in cinema area using the video screen PP), country specific (e.g. koalas, roos and dingos (i.e. Chief) for Australia or elephants, lions and ostriches for Africa etc). Just so many possibilities especially when you blend all the methods together, like for example using sandy patterns for an African town.

Whatever you choose though, good luck. I'm developing my second town too and it's crazy how much more busy you become. No idea how people with 4 towns juggle them all!

I know there's a lot of them, but I really like fairy themed towns. I just find that like fairy tale forest whimsical towns are super cute. :)

I chose fairy tale town but I think rustic/natural or video game related would be really cool as well. Personally I love LoZ and I think a town based off of it would be really cool, especially now that you can get Zelda villagers from amiibos. :)

Last edited:
if you want to be more unique then i'd go for a video game based town but i looove fairy/pastel and natural towns

Zen on the outside
Video Games on the inside!
I'm imagining you're walking around this quiet Zen town, mushrooms scattered, clovers and then you walk up to the first house - aww Zen Castle - so pretty - then you walk in and it's everything Kirby! Lol

If you start with a Zen feeling in landscaping you can always redecorate the houses.

OR

Zen / Zelda - all the Zen PWPs with little areas devoted to various favorite Zelda games?!

Thanks everyone! It seems like Natural and Zen are winning right now, but I do really like some of the ideas you've been giving me! It's so hard to decide what I want to do with my next town!

I'd choose either a town based on a video game or a zen town. I really like the Japanese public works projects, and I used them a lot in my towns. I never really made zen themed town, though. Any video game town would be cool too.

Last edited:
Back