• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

i forgot about cicadas....

pleeble

they/them
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Small Mailbox
ive been time traveling to get some stuff done in my new town, and i had to time travel all the way into july. i guess my punishment for it was being immediately greeted by 20 shrieking bugs. cant wait for july

I never even knew those bugs existed. Imagine my surprise when I hear the screams of fifty different bugs in my town.

Cicadas are one of my favorite parts of Summer. They're very relaxing to me, and equally interesting.

I live in the south, so we have them now, and it gets me excited for next month in New Leaf ~

I have a love-hate relationship with cicadas. On one hand, they can be annoying AF. Like if I'm trying to get stuff done - especially if I'm trying to do it quickly - it gets irritating fast.

But at the same time, the sound of the cicadas is kind of nostalgic to me. It's one of the things I distinctively remember about playing Wild World when I was younger.
:3

I don't like the cicadas. :( They're really annoying and loud. In real life, we have them really bad where I live. They come out at night really bad, and they're so loud you can hear them inside loud and clear.

Oh.. I actually really like cicadas. I like hearing all the different chirps. I always hear them in the morning and I find them to be pretty cute!

Last edited:
I don't mind them at all actually. The ones at night sound nice,

Last edited:
I actually like the sound of them! It reminds me of my favourite anime Higurashi no Naku Koro ni cause there were a lot of cicadas. (plus it's in the anime name). It definitely is a summer Japanese thing cause we don't get them where I live.

Last edited:
i don't mind them in acnl, they can be pretty relaxing and i love cicadas anyway. they're the cutest bugs

I have a love/hate relationship with cicadas. Some of their shrieks are so annoying and they drive me up the wall, but the other cries are quite cute and they remind me of summer.

They make me laugh honestly. Like why are you making that noise bug. Wait you stopped did you see me? No your doing it again. Omg

Cicadas are the worst!!! If I could skip the whole cicada season without worrying about losing villagers I would in a heartbeat. I just can't stand their stupid buzzing and whining and droning! Easily my least favorite part of New Leaf, I chase them off of every tree I run past just so I don't have to hear them anymore. :mad:

Hahah, I mentioned this a while back in sounds in ACNL that bother you. The shrieking is really unpleasant, I will say tbh. If i'm playing long hours it'll become increasingly annoying, but for the time being I don't play too often. However the shrieking sounds so loud and so close, I almost always feel like there could be a cicada nearby and it makes me check my surroundings a couple of times, ngl..

Back