• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

2DS Decal: Has anyone had any experience with this?

Marmoset

Cebuella pygmaea
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
I have a 2DS (not the new one; I purchased this one in 2015 and it is the mint colored one) and would like to spice it up a bit. Unfortunately there are no really nice looking hard or rubber covers for the DS; however, there are TONS of decals. I am pretty terrible at applying things like screen protectors, etc. So I was hoping to get some advice about how easy it is to apply, how durable it is, etc. Has anyone ever applied one? And has it lasted quite a bit? Thanks in advance!

I don't have a 2DS, but I do have a venusaur deacal on my 3DS. The easiest way from my experience is to peel off the back of the decal little by little as you stick it on your DS. That way you can get rid of the little air bubbles without worrying about getting the decal stuck somewhere else (and btw, that stuff is like impossible to get off when it's still fresh) mine has lasted over a year and it's been fine, but it does have a bit of wear on it. It's definitely not as durable as a case but they're a cute way to personalize your console. I would get a hard case then maybe stick it on there if you don't mind a little blank spaces.

I bought a full skin for my 3DS and I just suggest really cleaning off the area to help it stick better. My skin came with the microfiber cloth and alcohol wipes and I think it even came with a wedge to push it down with/push out bubbles. I had to "heat" it to stick it on, just with a hair dryer to get it to stretch over the curved pieces mostly. That thing stuck on forever and only after a year of wear did some tiny pieces peel up, like the edges around the joystick and stuff. I took it off recently(after 2 years probably now) and there was no residue or anything, the only evidence being the collected skin and dirt by the buttons. XD
The brand I got it from was Skinomi and I would 100% recommend it, it did save my 3DS from lots of scratches and stuff and was really nice quality!

Back