• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Am I the only player that doesn't really have dreamies?

Ably.Saucey

Count your Many Blessings
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
5195-6588-2889
Orange Balloon
Father's Day Carnation
Spring Sakura
Blue Hybrid Violet
Purple Violet
Red Pansy
White Violet
Famous Mushroom
Spring Shamrock
Ice Cream Swirl (TBT Beach Party)
I've seen people with 10-15 dreamies, I really don't have any.
It would be nice to have tangy and a few others, since I had them in gamecube, but I really don't care as long as they're not in the way or creepy.
I wish we could have more villagers per town, that's why so many people have multiple towns, I suppose.
Anywho, anyone else not have dreamies?

I wish I didn't have dreamies, but unfortunately I do. The way new leaf works is more of the reason why I have them, but none the less nowadays I can't make a town without at least having a list of villagers that I'd like in mind. Sometimes I wish that I wasn't so dreamie obsessed and just let anybody move in, but I can't take the thought of having a villager I really hate move in or a villager in a terrible spot who's a dreamie. Or a villager who's in a terrible spot in general. Most of my dreamies are villagers I feel like I need to have in my town because of my personal attachment to them, and that's kinda why they become dreamies. Since my town won't feel right with just randomised villagers.

I hate the word! :D

I have no real favorites. Not anymore.
Amiibo's turned me off all the villagers I liked, including one that I've had in every game. Wolfgang.

He's been labotomized in NL like the rest of them.

Sidenote. Amiibo Mathilda has been adopted.

The thing is, she was a favorite. :(

yes and no? i have a few villagers that i have in every town, like genji, drago and julian. other than those three, i mainly just switch it up and try new villagers each time i start a new town. i honestly love all of the villagers in the game, and i like being able to interact with them all.

I don't necessarily have "dreamies" but I do have villagers that I like and dislike, and as long as I have a town of all villagers that I like and as long as none of them are in bad spots, I don't let them move because it's too much of a pain for me to plot reset again.

I guess I have dreamies, but it's not like "oh my god give them to me i so need them i'd die to have them"
I mean, they're just villagers I really like and i've never had :)

Well, I didn't know it was thing until I came onto this website. I'm all about exploring different villagers.

I didn't have dreamies for Noveon. I just let whoever moved in plot wherever they wanted, and only let villagers go if I really didn't like them. The result was a pretty crazy map (I didn't plot reset), but for me it turned out that the real dreamies are the ones I made along the way!

I have several villagers I like and others I'd like to try out. I suppose that counts as dreamies but I don't have a set list. I can't settle for just ten like a lot of people seem to. Lmao.

I like the hunt for dreamies. I have ten, the perfect amount, and refuse to let myself fall in love with anyone else. I'm still on the hunt for some of them, but I've gotten my hands on six. I didn't have nor knew dreamies existed when I first got new leaf... it all started with Poppy...

I like your thought on the villagers. It's better to play the game naturally and just hope for the ugly ones to move out. A few of your favorite villagers wouldn't hurt, though.

I have never had any favorite villagers since the gamecube version and I don't have any villagers that I hate either. I love seeing new villagers in my town, I get sick of them easily if they stay too long, and I love the challenge of incorporating their house design into the landscape of my town as much as possible. So, as others have already chimed in, you're definitely not the only one who doesn't have dreamies and there's nothing wrong with that. There's also nothing wrong with people having dreamies either.

Back