How long did it take you to grow your first blue rose?

I have a field of hybrid reds, use heaps of fertilizer, and 2 months later - NO blue roses. :-/

maybe a couple of days? but I was watering/fertilizing and TT'ing so that's why, but they do take forever to grow. I think someone mentioned that when you put your hybrid red flowers next to eachother and they grow another red one you should take that one out because it might not be a "hybrid" one

edit: you could always buy 2 blue roses from someone on here, usually they go for 2 tbt each ? after that blue roses grow like crazy together

Last edited:
I know that the reds coming from the hybrid reds may not be hybrid reds so i actively take them out. Also, I want to try to get the rose legitimately, I'll have a far more bigger sense of accomplishment if I grow it myself than if I get a pair from someone else.

I got one after 2 months of not trying. It just appeared next to my red roses one day. I have that sucker on my private beach. now I have 3

None, since i've never attempted haha. Honestly it's mostly because I'm too lazy and don't want to spend a ton of effort trying to get them to breed.

I caved after a week with getting no results and bought two off of another player.

I started off buying 16 on here, but I like doing things myself. I got rid of the bought blue roses, and bred my own orange and purples. That's how I got my field of hybrid reds. I think I should only water a couple, then I'd get a blue one quicker.
I've been watering 15 of them. ^_^

A few days of watering and time traveling and I have about 8 blue roses. I just put them in cross patterns and it worked like a charm :)

I followed a similar path with others.

I bred the hybrids, watered and fertilized for about a week, then caved and bought some here, haha ~

I hear that patience and lots of fertilizer is key in this process. Hope I get one soon! (I nearly clocked in 4 months worth of time travelling and random roses so my town is overrun with random flowers.)

It took me a few days I think? Once you have one or two it's easy to breed more of them of course, so if you really wanted some you could buy a couple from someone and breed a bunch. Though it is kind of gratifying to finally be able to breed one without any help :) Good luck!

- - - Post Merge - - -

I hear that patience and lots of fertilizer is key in this process. Hope I get one soon! (I nearly clocked in 4 months worth of time travelling and random roses so my town is overrun with random flowers.)

Fertilizer is what finally did it for me, I think! I was trying to breed without it and once I started using some it didn't take long!

I only watered the red hybrids today. I'll see how that goes.

All fertilizer has done for me, is give me black roses, and other reds that I dig out.

At first, I actually took 3 months to breed one blue rose. After I heard about something called trading, I had a field of them. And then when I heard about something called time travelling, my town is literally covered by them.

I just don't want any I didn't grow myself.

Back